Friday 19 December 2014

Top Ten Beauty Tag



I got tagged weeks ago by Leanne over at Blather and Beauty for the Top Ten Beauty Tag, better late than never as I always say.

This tag goes through my favourite foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, mascara, blush, highlighter, Eyeshadow, eyebrows and lips. This was a pretty tough post to write, as you can imagine picking your absolute favourite beauty pieces is pretty hard, so keep reading and find out what my favourites are.

Foundation:
I’ve pretty oily skin so I always go for a matte finish with my foundations. My favourite foundation (at the moment) has to be Revlon Colourstay. I get it in the matte finish as it lasts on my skin the longest. It gives me great coverage too and is great for nights out.


Concealer:
This one is a favourite of a lot of beauty bloggers and I have constantly had a bottle in stock since I was first introduced to it. The MAC Pro Longwear concealer is by far one of the best I have tried. I rarely use it for concealing and more as an under eye highlighter as I don’t need to conceal spots on my face. I love it because it can be used just as a light foundation, to conceal, or to highlight. It doesn’t budge on my skin which I love. It’s a little bottle but it lasts for what seems like months.


Powder:
Up till recently my favourite powder was the Rimmel Stay Matte powder but after picking up the MAC Studio Fix foundation powder while I was in Florida it has constantly been on my face. As it’s a foundation powder it does make my foundation last even longer and with oily skin it sets everything in place. In the past I’d have to powder my face numerous times during the day but with the Studio Fix powder I only have to do it once, maybe a second time in the evening to freshen my face if I’m going out.


Bronzer:
The Sleek Bronzer and Highlighter duo is my favourite to use as a bronzer. It’s matte and just perfectly brown, I hate terracotta coloured bronzers. This one is great for contouring as well.



Mascara:
This is my favourite mascara of the year and I’ve tried a lot. The Bourjois Une Seconde Volume mascara is one of the blackest black and long lasting mascara’s I’ve tried. I’ve compared it to the Benefit They’re Real mascara but what makes it my favourite is the price and it’s easier to get off.


Blush:
This is actually quite hard, I wear blush all the time but it’s never something I really rave about. However I fell instantly in love with the Nars Orgasm blush when I tried it. I’ve tried many dupes in the past but after trying the real thing it blows everything else out the window. It gives a fresh flushed look to the cheeks and has a slight shimmer that gives a highlighted glow.



Highlighter:
Hands down the best highlighter I’ve ever tried. The Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector gives a glow to the skin like no other. I keep this one for special occasions as it was a bit pricey, it’s also not an everyday highlighter as it has that extra oomph of a glow.


Eyeshadow:
Wow this is super hard but at the moment I’m loving the Maybelline the nudes palette. You can get so many different looks from the one palette. At the moment you can only get it in the US but I think I heard rumours that it will be coming over to us in the next year.


Eyebrows:
I love eyebrows, I go every few weeks to Elysian Brows to get mine threaded and the best thing to fill them in is basically anything from the Anastasia Beverly Hills brand. I have the Brow Powder Duo, Brow Wiz and Dipbrow Pomade. I use all 3 for different occasions as they can give you a lovely natural look or an amazingly defined brow for a night out depending on which product you use.


Lips:
I picked up a few things from Bite Beauty when I was in Florida. I love their High Pigment Lip Pencil in Meritage, it’s a dark brown/red and so creamy. Lips are my favourite part so to choose just one is really hard but at the moment Bite Beauty is my favourite lip brand.



So that’s my top ten favourites at the moment. I’d like to tag the following girls:
-          Karen McCord – Bright With Delight
-          Rachel Brennan – Rachel Brennan Life
-          Kayleigh McEntee - Kayleigh Land

Thanks for reading.


Love Sarah xoxo

1 comment :

  1. I really need to get that Becca highlighter! Heard so many great things about it!

    ReplyDelete