Monday 12 January 2015

Primark/Penneys - PS Love This Make-up Brush Cleanser


Last week I started to see the new PS Love This Makeup Brush Cleaner from Penneys pop up on my Instagram and Facebook. With all the buzz from it and good things I was hearing about it I knew I needed to try it out.


The first few times I went into Penneys they were all sold out but luckily I found some in the Mary’s Street branch in Dublin, I obviously wasn’t the only one to be drawn in by all the buzz. At only €2.50 per bottle it’s hard not to see why they wouldn’t be snapped up.


The bottles have a spray applicator and come in a cute little black bottle with 125ml of product in each bottle. It is an alcohol based cleaner, suitable for synthetic and natural bristled brushes. The spray isn’t perfumed and smells a little bit like windowlene, so if you have a sensitive nose it might be a little irritating.

I filmed a little video of myself cleaning the brushes with a mix of natural and synthetic brushes to see how it worked on them. I obviously wasn’t using very dark colours the last week so as some of them weren’t that dirty.


The directions on the back of the bottle tell you to spray the brush and wipe it into a paper towel. I tried spraying directly onto the brush first but found later that spraying the paper towel helped clean the makeup off the brush a bit better.

The spray did help get the dirt off the brushes but I think I would still have to do a deep clean after 2 weeks. I think this cleaner would be good for when you’re in between deep cleans.
The brushes dry extremely fast, you would be able to use them again within minutes. If you’re an MUA starting out or have a load of brushes like me this would be really good to have in your collection.


This is a good one to have in your bag but I won’t be retiring my Beauty Blender Solid or baby shampoo any time soon.

Keep an eye out for them in any good Penneys/Primark as I’m sure they’ll be off the shelves soon.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Great post, the video is really helpful xx
    www.sadhbhers.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete