Wednesday 14 January 2015

Urban Decay Perversion and Subversion Mascara Review


I have a bit of an addiction when it comes to mascaras and when a new one comes out I love to get my hands on it. I bought the new Perversion mascara from Urban Decay when it first came out back in September so I’ve had a good few months of testing this sucker out to see if it’s any good.
I bought mine in Sephora and it came with a mini Subversion mascara primer which came out at the same time as the Perversion mascara.

The Perversion mascara claims to give volume and extreme blackness as well as being super creamy. I would say it is very creamy, in fact it is still just as wet as when I bought it; it hasn’t dried up even a little which others would after a few months.


It is one of the blackest mascaras that I have tried before but in terms of volume I would say it’s average. I have a love for volume mascaras and there are a few budget friendly ones in my collection that can do the job just as good.

What saves it from being average mascara is combining it with the Subversion primer. The primer is white and strengthens your lashes. I haven’t noticed too much of a difference in terms of the quality of my lashes from before I started using it but it definitely helps extending the volume of the mascara and it holds the volume in place all day. I’ve tried the primer with other mascaras and it works the same with other brands too.


Even though it is a long wearing mascara it is really easy to come off, it also doesn’t smudge so it is bottom lash friendly too.

The more layers you pop on the longer your lashes will look. Even though it’s a thick brush it doesn’t clump your lashes and is very good at separating them.

The Perversion mascara probably won’t be a rebuy but I would consider buying the Subversion primer again.


You can get them at any Urban Decay counter, the Perversion mascara will set you back €21 and the Subversion primer is €18.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

5 comments :

  1. I also reviewed this mascara, and I have to say this is a holy grail item for me. I don't have the primer but I might try it!
    Emma xo | Missemmalouise12.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The primer is really good, it locks it all in! I do like the mascara but I have so many that I think can do just as good of a job. It is one of the blackest mascaras I have though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you need to get rid of the primer after 3 months like a mascara?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy your blog. I've nominated you for the Liebster
    Award, you can check out my post here
    https://orbbsfashion.wordpress.com/2015/01/20/liebster-award/
    if you'd like to participate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I probably need to throw the primer out but I think I can get away with the mascara for another month or so. There's still so much product left and it's still really wet so I think I can hang on to that for another bit. I'd go with the 3 month rule for the primer though, i'd say it works on the same principle.

    ReplyDelete