Wednesday 24 June 2015

Primark - P.S Liquid Foundation


A few weeks back I was in Penneys doing the usual of going in for one thing and coming out with 2 giant bags 20 minutes later. While I was there I spotted some Penneys own makeup brand foundations. At €3 a pop I figured why not try it out if it sucks at least it wasn’t going to do any damage.

There are 3 colours to choose from – light, medium and dark. I chose light and medium as there were no samples to test to check out the colours.

When I got home I discovered I was neither light nor medium. The light colour is extremely pale and pink toned and the medium is a deep tan yellow toned. Mixing them together I did manage to get the perfect shade, I’m usually a NW15 or NW20 with my MAC foundations.

What drew me to the foundation was that the formula was oil free and semi –matte. I live for matte foundations – although this summer I’m trying to dew it up a bit.

On application it blends really well, it’s a medium coverage but feels very light. The foundation dries into the skin matte.

The pictures below where taken after nearly 11 hours wear and without powdering all day. There is some wear around the nose and chin but that happens with the majority of my foundations.

Left - Not powdered and Right - Powdered, both after nearly 11hrs wear.

For €3 it is a good foundation it does what it says on the package but the odd shades are a disappointment as I could get one Rimmel foundation for nearly the same price as buying 2 of Penneys. I probably won’t ever wear the foundations separately, the light is too light and pink and the medium would be a bit too much like putting Nutella on my face.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment