Thursday 4 June 2015

Top Ten Budget Friendly Beauty Under €10


Today’s post is all about my top ten beauty products under €10. This was actually a lot harder than I thought it would be and made me realise that a lot of my makeup in my collection costs over €10. The ten I did choose however are pieces that I use quite regularly. A lot of the times when I’m in a rush for work and need to throw something into my makeup bag these are usually the items that get thrown in.


Starting with the base we have the Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer. This is a creamy, slightly iridescent primer that really glues the foundation onto the skin. As I have oily/combination skin this is perfect for it. It leaves the skin silky smooth, as well as helping it stay matte for the rest of the day. This primer comes in at €8.85 and it goes perfectly with the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr Foundation.
This foundation is an oily girls dream. This has the quality of a higher end foundation and one that I regularly reach for. It’s a full coverage foundation that goes on evenly and last the whole day. Not only does it have great staying power it is also very mattifying, I very rarely have to powder my nose when I wear this foundation. Coming in at €8.99, it is definitely the best foundation under €10 that I have tried.


There were a few concealers to choose from such as the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but I chose the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer as I’m loving it at the moment. It gives me the coverage that I need without being too heavy it also has brightening properties to help give you that bright eyed and bushy tailed look. The Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer is €5.49.


I have such a love for Makeup Revolution; they sell amazing products at extremely affordable prices. I chose this blush for the price and the quality. The blushes are so pigmented, one tap is all you need and it gives you so much colour on your cheek. I have only one of these blushes in the shade Sugar but the next time I’m on the Makeup Rev. website I’ll be ordering a few more. They are £1.00 each which I think works out at around €1.40.


The Sleek Face Contour Kit is a firm favourite with a lot of beauty lovers. I have the kit in Light which is perfect for our Irish skin. The kit comes with a bronzer and a highlighter. I get so much use out of this palette. The bronzer is a perfect brown, not too orange or ashy it’s just perfect. With this bronzer I like to build the colour, it’s very pigmented so start I start off small and build it up to my desired colour. The highlighter is really good as well; again a little goes a long way. Sweep this on and you’ll be glowing all day. This is one that all girls should have in their collection, €8.49 each and available in 3 shades.


Another Makeup Revolution favourite is their Dual Ultra Brow Arch and Shape pens. They have two ends, one with a waxy crayon and the other a felt pen. I don’t usually use the felt end but the waxy crayon end is my go to. All I have to do is comb my brows through and then shape them with the crayon. As it’s a coloured wax it keeps any stray hair down as well as filling them in. It literally only takes a few seconds to fill my brows in with this pen, I love it and it’s price at £3.50 which is about €4.90.

When it comes to eye shadows there are many under €10 but a lot of the time they are singles and very rarely palettes. I love the Sleek Palettes which I was going to include on my list but when I went to price them they were over €10, I’m pretty sure the last time I bought them they were €9.99. I then spotted the Collection Eyes Uncovered palette for only €3.99. I had bought it a while back and never tried it but was pleasantly surprised when I did. There are 3 palettes to choose from; I got the Nude Grey palette which is perfect for a smoky eye. There are 2 mattes and 4 metallic, with a mix of bronze, silver and plums. I love this little palette and I’m going to have to get my hands on the other 2, they are really pigmented, easy to blend and last all day.


Going through my collection I found that I only have one eyeliner under €10 and that’s the Maybelline Master Kajal, everything else from gels to liquids where all over €10. You can’t really go wrong with this Kajal; it’s perfect for blending out for that smoked out effect.  I know there are cheaper pencils and other liners but I have none in my collection that I could find, this one is around €8.


Again with mascara I found it hard to find one that I liked and one that was under €10, luckily though the Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara was there to save the day. I love this mascara for slapping on my eyes when I’m not really doing anything but I still want to look like I’ve made a little effort. The mascara, lifts, separates and holds all day to give you that wide eyed look. At €8.89 it is one of my go to mascaras especially on my “No Makeup” makeup kind of days.


Finally we have lipstick, this was really hard to choose but I really like the Maybelline Color Sensational lipsticks. There are so many to choose from whether you want vivid pinks or 90’s nudes’ there’s so many to choose from. They are really pigmented and not too drying. I’ve a good few in my collection and I’m really hoping they bring their Matte collection over here, I bought some in America last year and they are some of the best matte lipsticks I’ve ever tried. They come in just under €10 at €9.99 a pop.


Added all up this makeup bag comes to €69, I wouldn’t like to think what my usual makeup bag costs or even my whole collection, I think I’d need a good lie down if I did. If you’re on a budget or have a makeup emergency then these would be my top picks for you.


All prices are from Boots or Makeup Revolution websites.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment