Thursday 28 August 2014

Lime Crime Velvetine Dupe


I love lipstick, I rarely go a day without putting one on but I hate have to reapply throughout the day, so if I can find a lip product that lasts for ages and helps me spend less time reapplying then I need to have it.

Most of the lip products I have are either lip stains or matte lipsticks, I hate glosses, they always wear off and I always seem to wear them on the windiest days ever which results in my hair always getting stuck in a big glossy mess.

The whole point of this post really is to prove that you don’t need to always go for the brand names. I’m an absolute sucker for thinking that just because it’s a big brand or that I’ve seen someone famous wear it or have been told this is the IT product ,that I must have it.  I’m going to tell you a little bit about each product I’ve tested and then about what I thought of them. I suppose we can call this a Dupe post as well as the two Velvet Lipsticks are very similar.
Makeup Revolution (Right) Lime Crime (Left)

Firstly we have Lime Crime; I had heard of Lime Crime Velvetines from watching some of my favourite YouTubers and had heard really good things about them. Unfortunately we can’t get them here in Ireland so when I was over in London for IMATS I picked up two of them in Suede-Berry and Black Velvet, I think they cost about £10 each if my brain remembers correctly. I’ll be talking about Black Velvet in a future Halloween post so keep your eyes peeled for that one (yes it is a black lipstick, the inner Goth made me buy it). Suede-Berry is a lovely coral red, that goes on like a liquid and dries into a matte texture, and it also smells a bit like Werthers Originals, one of my favourite old lady sweets! These can be ordered from https://www.love-makeup.co.uk/ and cost £13.50 from their site or you can go to the Lime Crime website where they will cost $20.00. http://limecrime.com/
Suede-Berry 

The Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer in Keep Trying for You came from my first order from the company. What made me buy this was that it reminded me of the Lime Crime Velvetine so I bought it to compare them. These lip lacquers are only £3.00 which is an amazing price. The colour is a bright red that has some orange tones in it, it’s not the typical red I would usually go for but it is quiet nice on my lips. While Lime Crime goes on like a liquid the lacquer went on slightly creamier a lot like the same formula as the Bourjois Velvet Rouge Edition lipsticks.
Keep Trying For You
I wore each product on separate days, I did this when I was in work as each day is pretty much the exact same and noted what my lips where like before I had my coffee, my breakfast and my lunch and noted what they looked like after. I applied the lipstick once in the morning; they wore off slightly after each meal around where the lips meet but when I wet the lips and run my finger around them the colour distributed enough that it made it even again. Neither of them are drying which is important in a matte product, they just felt like my normal lips. By the end of work and after more than 8 hours wear the product had worn of pretty much completely on both lips, leaving just a slight stain of colour.

After taking a good look at both products they are basically the same apart from one being more liquid than the other on application. The Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer is definitely a dupe for the Lime Crime Velvetines, You save £10.50 by buying the Salvation Velvet Lacquers and I will be getting so much more of them, especially as I’ve seen Makeup Revolution stands popping up in Irish Superdrug stores so it’s going to be easier than ever to get my hands on them!

In future I’m going to go for more budget friendly products but as I do like my Dupe posts I might just have to get the odd high-end/more expensive products to test out for you guys.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment