Friday 22 August 2014

Rouge Louboutin

When I first heard that Christian Louboutin was going to bring out a nail polish the same colour as their signature soles I knew I needed to get my hands on it. The closest thing I’ve got to a pair of Louboutins was a pair of oversized fake sparkly ones that I ended up giving away and I know it’s likely that I won’t ever be able to afford a real pair.
When I first heard that the prices of the varnish would be €45 I was in a bit of shock but then figured this will be the closest I will ever get to owning something from Louboutin, luckily for me though I had a voucher for Brown Thomas so it only cost me €20.00 and I feel like I can justify that as it’s is still cheaper than the my YSL varnish.
As soon as I bought it I took it out of the tissue paper it was wrapped in and looking at it for the first time it honestly felt like Christmas for me, it is just so beautiful and huge! It’s designed to look like a heel of one of the Louboutin shoes and it must be from a shoe Lady GaGa would wear because this is super high and the point could literally kill someone. The bottle is glass in an ombre black and red effect and the handle is the pointed “heel”, which is a bit awkward when trying to get a grip on it for application.
It is super red and it is an exact match to the sole of the Louboutin shoes. It applies super easy and only needs one coat, I applied two coats on one or two nails but it didn’t make any more of a difference so I left it at one coat. It also doesn’t chip either, I’ve had it on my nails for nearly a week now and I have no chips what so ever. 
Is it worth €45 I’m not sure, but you do get a lot of product in the bottle, the packaging is so impressive and the formula is pretty amazing so I do think it is worth more than what you would usually pay for a bottle of varnish but I’m glad I didn’t pay €45 for it I would have felt so guilty if I did.
So what do you think, is it worth €45 for a bottle of varnish or not?
Thanks for reading.
Love Sarah xoxo

1 comment :