Tuesday 12 August 2014

Danial Sandler Watercolour Fluid Blusher Acid Review

A few months back I was watching Sam of Pixwoo do a makeup tutorial on their YouTube channel. In the tutorial she used a new blusher from Daniel Sandler, which I have to admit I had never heard of the makeup brand before. The blush is a watercolour blusher which is completely new to me, I had only heard of powder and cream based but never water based.

The colours come from a special summer collection and come in the colours Acid (pink) and Trip (orange). They are really vibrant neon colours created for the summer season.

When I was in IMATS a few weeks ago I saw them on sale at one of the stands, when I saw them I grabbed Acid and luckily for me it was the last one they had. I didn’t buy Trip as I didn’t think it would suit me so I bought the pink colour in Acid. As it was at IMATS it was only £12.50, it usually retails for £15.50. There are only 3 stockists in Ireland and none in Dublin but you can find them here or you can order them online from the site as well.
The first time I tried the blush I just opened the packet and put it straight onto the back of my hand and thought to myself “this sucks it’s just water”, I didn’t cop that you had to shake it first. Once I knew what to do I shook it like a Polaroid picture and then put only a small drop on the back of my hand. The colour that comes out is so pigmented and I did think I was going to look like Noddy but with a light hand it went on perfectly.
For application I use a stippling brush rather than my normal blush brush and just buff it into the skin. If you want to have it darker you just need to add a bit more onto the skin. In the photos I only put on a light amount but the blush looks much better with a tan and you can get away with having a bit more colour on the skin but as I am a lot paler when I don’t fake tan I only put a small amount on.

When applying it I apply it straight after I apply my foundation so the foundation hasn’t dried fully yet and then I apply my bronzer, highlighter and powder.

I’m going to have this for a good long time as you only need to use a drop or two at a time, it’s probably more suited for a MUA to have in their kit but I’m happy that it’s in mine.
Before
After
The colour does last a lot more than any other blusher seems to do on my skin whether that’s because it’s more noticeable because it’s highly pigmented or it actually does stay on my skin I’m not sure. The only negative that I really say about it is that on certain foundations when it starts to clump into dry patches the blush clumps too but that’s more of the fault of my foundation than the blush.

Thanks for reading!
Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment