Friday 29 August 2014

Soap & Glory Cheekmate - Cheek and Lip Stain



I don’t have too much of the makeup products from the Soap and Glory range but I could open up my own shop with the amount of skin care I have from them. I had bought the Cheekmate cheek and lip stain months ago when my friend asked me to try it out for her but I misplaced it even before I had a chance to open it and found it a week or two ago, but I figured better late than never.

I’m a bit sceptical when it comes to these kinds of stains, none of them have ever looked good on me, and they’re usually sticky and ruin the foundation when you put it on your face. Even though it looks like it’s going to be a sticky mess the formula is actually very creamy. I put a drop on my finger, dab it onto my cheeks and then blend it in with my small stippling brush. I get quite scared with these types of stains, sometimes they don’t blend or you look like you’re having a hot flash but luckily this actually blended out well and gave subtle rouge to the cheeks. I didn’t put too much on; it was nice just with a small amount and made it look very natural. I usually go for pinks so having red on the cheeks was very different for me and I liked it a lot, it’s always nice to have a change from your everyday colours.

 

You can also use this on your lips but I didn't love it. It's a bit sticky when it's dried on the lips and doesn't really put much of a colour on, just makes you look like you've been sucking on a red lolly for too long.

I've been trying to think of what it reminds me of as I write this post and it's just come to me, it’s like the fake blood you get in the costume shop at Halloween but just not as sticky on your skin. There's no taste or smell on it either which I’m actually a little disappointed about, I think I would have liked it better if it had a berry taste to it, it would probably make me use it even more.

 

It costs €10.00, it’s probably one of the better cheek stains I’ve tried before but I don’t think it will be a repurchase. It’s nice but it’s not a Holy Grail product, more like one of those last resort type products when I have nothing else to hand. As usual these opinions are my own, you might find it amazing but I just don’t think its €10.00 amazing.
Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment