Wednesday 20 August 2014

Seventeen Falsifeye HD Mascara Review

Seventeen is not a brand that I wouldn’t usually buy, and truth be told I don’t think I’ve bought anything from them since I was a teenager all those years ago. However saying that when I saw the new Falsifeye HD Mascara it caught my eye for looking that bit more mature and unlike some mascaras from brands like Seventeen it looked like it would actually do what it claims to.
At first I wasn’t too impressed by it but I think that’s because it didn’t stand out from any of the other mascaras that I had tried out over the last few months. I convinced myself though that it was good but it was just living up to the same levels as the other mascaras.
When I bought it I didn’t realise that I had bought it in the brown/black colour which could have been one of the reasons why I wasn’t completely impressed as I’m sure if it was in the black it would have made my lashes stand out even more. The brown/black colour just made my lashes look the same as my natural colour but with better definition.
From the blurb on the box and online it says that it doesn’t clump which it doesn’t, the comb is plastic and combs through your lashes separating them completely. It says that users found more definition but compared to other mascaras I have used recently I think it has just about the same if not a little less definition then the likes of Bourjois 1 Seconde Mascara. 92% say it was long lasting which I would agree, it stays put all day, doesn’t smudge and when wet it didn’t leave too much of a panda eye. Finally and the statements that I don’t agree with is that it lifts and curls and thickens lashes, basically it didn’t do any of that for me. I have straight lashes that rarely curl even with using an eyelash curler so could say that’s more my problem then the mascaras but I definitely didn’t see thickness, I have other mascaras that give me a lot more thickness than this one.
I can’t say that I hate this mascara, it is quite good but it just didn’t live up to my previous buys who proclaim the same sort of volume. As I said it is good, I used it pretty much every day since I bought it. It’s a very good mascara for just throwing on for work and it helped me brighten up my eyes giving them a more natural look.
I bought this just as it came out and was €5.98 but it’s now €8.89 which makes it a good mascara for the price but I think I’m still so in love with my Bourjois 1 Seconde Volume mascara that it really had to live up to all the expectations I had for it to be amazing and it just didn’t.
So I really could take it or leave but if you’ve bought it let me know your own thoughts on it as I’m really on the fence about this one and would love to know how you found it.
Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Is this mascara sold in the US? I would really love to try it.

    ReplyDelete