Wednesday 28 January 2015

NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash



As a blogger you get sent a lot of beauty goodies or pick them up at events (which I’m so grateful for), but a lot of the time I know they won’t suit me or fit in to my current routine so most of the things I get go into my blogger drawer which contains samples and full sized products I have yet to test out. A month or so back I reorganised the contents and came across the NeoStrata Foaming Glycolic Wash, it was in there for months and I’m raging that I didn’t try it sooner because this stuff is amazing.



It’s a foaming cleanser that strips your makeup off, exfoliates your skin, as well as unclogging your pores.
From the first time of using the facial wash I could instantly notice my pores had shrunk, which I had only ever seen from using facial masks. Pores are a big thing for me so anything that can shrink them into oblivion I’m all for. I only properly noticed that they were no longer there when I had forgotten to put my Benefit Porefessional on my face one morning. I usually can’t leave the house without it or my nose would be a holy mess, to my surprise my skin looked as perfect as it does when I usually have the primer on.

The product comes out like a foam which I rub between my hands and massage into my skin.


Another benefit of the foam was that it made my skin super smooth due to the glycolic acid in it, I now only exfoliate my skin once a week rather than every few days.

Don't hate the bunny onesie, this is me in all my night time glory and yes it does make me look like a giant baby :)


I am still a bit worried if I should be using it on a daily basis though as It does contain glycolic acid and lactobionic acid, it could just be the sound of acid making me wary of it but so far my skin is agreeing to it. However if you have any kind of cut or broken skin I would steer clear of it until it is healed. It feels like the gates of hell are opening on your face as the foam goes into your skin, the pain does go away very quickly though but for that second or two you will scream like a baby. Also if your face is in anyway sensitive I wouldn’t use it and it isn’t a cleanser that you can put near your eyes as well as the rest of your face so you’ll need to cleanse those areas separately.

Before on the left and After on the right. I use the Ziaja Sensitive Skin Micellar Water to remove my eye makeup. 

It is a little pricey but I definitely think it’s worth it, especially if you suffer from very large pores. It costs €24.95 and you can purchase NeoStrata in most pharmacies or on dolledup.ie

Thanks for reading.


Love Sarah xoxo

2 comments :

  1. Oh Iove this stuff!! Really helps keep my hormonal acne under control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, I usually use 3 different products just to wash the makeup off my face now I just need this! It strips your makeup off and my pores don't know what hit them!!

    ReplyDelete