Wednesday 9 September 2015

How I keep my hair Healthy and Super Blonde

A few months back I decided to change my hair up a bit. I got a good bit chopped off and I went from golden blonde to a whiter platinum blonde.

When it comes to being blonde there is a bit more maintenance involved with keeping your hair healthy and the colour from going brassy and when you go this blonde there’s a bit more upkeep so I’m going to give you a few tips on how I’ve been keeping my hair so blonde and as healthy as possible.

To start I only wash my hair twice a week. I made that decision when I went blonder as I had been washing it every second day and it was just getting greasier and greasier the more I washed it. So I wash my hair on Wednesdays and Sundays now and it's resulted in getting a good few days extra out of my hair before it starts looking like it needs a wash, I’ll get a good two days out of clean hair and then by the 3rd day I’ll use some dry shampoo to freshen it up a bit. Obviously if I was going to something special on the Friday or Saturday night I’ll wash it but I’m a bit of an old lady so it doesn’t happen that often.

Top Left - hair before the revamp.
Top left & Bottom left and middle - current style
Bottom right - Bleach London Silver Shampoo

By only washing my hair twice a week means I only dry it with my dryer twice a week so there is less heat damage to it. I don’t have a straightener anymore after breaking it which I used to use every day, the only added extra bit of heat onto my hair would be from my curler. All this means my hair is getting less damage to it from any heat from dryers or straighteners.
REGLOSSEā„¢ Smoothing Serum
On top of that I use the Salon Science Reglosse Smoothing Serum GSP-T Swiss Grape on my hair before I dry it. It’s a serum to reverse split ends and any other damage to the ends of your hair. This one really works as I can’t find any split ends on my hair which has never happened before and I haven’t cut my hair since May, usually I’d notice a lot more split ends at the end of the month let alone 4 months since cutting my hair. I’d put it down to a combination of not using as much heat on my hair along with using the serum twice a week.


To keep my hair super blonde I use the Bleach London Silver Shampoo and Conditioner. When I used the shampoo first I was a bit scared as it comes out of the bottle as a bright royal purple colour, I was afraid I had picked up the wrong one and I was going to end up with a purple rinse but luckily I didn’t.

 A great tip from my hairdresser is to leave the shampoo in for a couple minutes, I really think this is key to keeping it as white as it is. I massage and work it into my scalp for a minute or so first, then leave it for a few minutes and wash it out and follow with the conditioner, I then do the same with my conditioner as I do with the shampoo. This process leaves my hair super white and soft.

I have used other silver shampoos in the past but the results were never as good as they are now. Usually my hair would get off colour and end up a bit brassy but this has yet to happen and I think as long as I follow my routine it will stay as white as possible.

How do you keep your hair as blonde as possible? Leave any tips you have below.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment