Tuesday 22 September 2015

The Lazy Girls Facial


There’s nothing better than having a good pamper sesh and if I’m not using my Glamglow Supermud mask I whip out one of the many sheet masks that I have.

You might have seen Insta’s and Snapchats from the likes of Marissa Carter and Kylie Jenner sharing their snaps of them wearing their sheet masks. They’re becoming super popular and have been super popular within Korean beauty for years. They’re so quick and easy to use that they’ve been dubbed “The Lazy Girls Facial”.

While I use the Glamglow masks for my pores, the sheet masks I have are mainly for hydration.

Starting with the Sephora Rose Mask. Whenever I’m in a Sephora I stock up on these masks, they’re my absolute favourites and come in 7 different kinds. The Rose Mask is my favourite out of all of them though as its main purpose is to hydrate the skin. I leave this on for about 15-20 minutes and when I peel it off just massage any excess into the skin. These can be bought in Sephora in the States as well as Europe and cost around €3.95 each.


The 7th Heaven Brazilian Mud mask is less for hydration and more for complexion but equally as pampering. It’s a bit more yogurty than muddy but still works just as well. Again I leave it on for about 15-20 minutes and then wash any of the excess off my skin, you need to otherwise the mud dries into the skin. These are available in Penneys and in most pharmacies, I think I’ve seen them in Dunnes as well, costing around €2.00.


Masque Bar are a new brand to Boots and if you can’t get your hands on the Sephora masks then these are a great alternative. There are 5 different kinds to get and come in Sheet, Mud and Crème masks. The Brightening Mask is basically the exact same as the Sephora Rose Mask but I like the Sephora one a little better as the Masque Bar sheet mask seemed to have too much liquid in the package which made things a bit messy. These come in a box of 3, available in Boots and cost €13.49.


Finally we have this little Penneys Sheet Mask from their PS Love range. Does the exact same as the Sephora mask but the sheet itself is a poorer quality and has a tendency to rip. It’s also super slimy which made putting it on the face a bit difficult as it was a bit drippy, saying that though it does what you need it to so if you don’t mind a bit of a drippy mess then try this one out and for a bargain of €1.50 you can’t complain.


Whenever I pop a sheet mask on I always lie down on my bed and catch up on a few Youtube videos. I find that sitting up or walking around the house that the masks just fall off and plus you don’t want to scare anyone because you do kind of look like a mummy/burn victim.

These are also super handy for when you’re travelling, especially on long haul flights to prevent you’re skin from drying out. 

So if you’re in the mood for a pamper you have a few of my faves to choose from and all reasonably priced. Most of the sheet masks I have are on the moisture and nourishing side as I prefer to use mud masks for any of my other problem areas.

If you’ve tried any of these or can think of any other good ones do comment below.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo 

No comments :

Post a Comment