Friday 4 September 2015

Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No.7 - The Lolita


I bought the Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No.7 - Plush Shadow palette in Sephora last year but it wasn’t until last month that I actually started using it.

At $59 it was just wasting away in my palette drawer for all those months and I have no idea why, it’s absolutely gorgeous.

So why did it get left in a drawer and not get a look in for months and months, it’s still a bit of a puzzle to me. I attempted to use it at Christmas but for some reason it didn’t work for me then. But seeing as I’m on a super spending cut at the moment I decided a few weeks ago that I need to look in my drawers to see what I’ve been neglecting and since then I’ve worn the palette nearly every day.


I think the main reason I bought it was the fact that you can only buy Marc Jacobs makeup in the Sephora, I don’t even think they allow it to be shipped to Europe so it seemed only right to get it. There are 8 different palettes to choose from of which I chose The Lolita palette which I think out of all them is the one that can be used most often and when it’s $59 for a palette you’re going to want to be using it a lot.

The Lolita palette is perfect for a smoky eye. The sleek palette contains the 7 shadows, a matte off-white cream, matte nude, matte dark coffee brown, metallic warm pink with iridescent glitter, iridescent champagne pink sheen, light peach sheen, rosy copper sheen.


The pigmentation is quiet strong and there isn’t an awful lot of fallout when applied except for maybe the middle glitter which I have only used once and a bit of Fix+ is needed with that one just to make it stick to the lids, used dry it just flies everywhere.

The colours last all day on the lid – with or without primer. The palette can be used for a simple everyday look or intensified for a gorgeous smoky eye perfect for a night out.

Is it worth $59 though, well yes and no? The palette is everything I want, it’s got excellent pigmentation, it lasts all day, I can do different looks with it bringing it from day to night and it’s the nudey coppery tones that I love but there are an awful lot of palettes out there that are pretty similar and that you can get for a lot cheaper, an awful lot cheaper.

So if you find yourself in a Sephora in the States and you’re at the Marc Jacobs counter should you buy it?? I would say no, firstly there’s an awful lot more things that I would buy in Sephora instead of it but if you are thinking that you want to try his shadows then maybe get the Style Eye-Con No.3, a 3 shadow palette that’s $20 cheaper.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment