Tuesday 13 May 2014

Met Gala 2014

Met Gala 2014 Round-up

I know I'm about a week late with this but with being away and having my laptop crash on me it's better late than never :) and with the JayZ vs Solange fracas popping up in the press today well that’s just freshened everyone’s minds about the fab and not so fab dresses that where on the Met Gala red carpet.
So lets get started:

Best Dressed Couple
Starting off with the best dressed couple and their where a lot of contenders for this one but my absolute favourite where Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds both wearing Gucci and looked like the perfect couple on the night! 



Love!!
These are just a few of my faves from the night and I think they appear in many favourite list also, I won't show all the gowns just a selected few:

Blake Lively in Custom Made Gucci, such a lovely dress very old hollywood and suited her perfectly

Charlize Theron in Dior Couture, she wore a stunning white dress with black detail that gave her a gorgeous silhouette 

SJP the co-chair of the Met Gala wore a custom made Oscar De La Renta, her hair was a bit mad for me, it reminded me a bit of something you'd see Dracula wearing but apart from that the dress was stunning and there's not too many times you can wear a ball gown like that

Rihanna wore Custom Stella Mc Cartney, Rihanna was part of Stella's "girls" - Rihanna, Cara Delevigne, Reese Whiterspoon and Kate Bosworth

Kim K redeemed herself this year in a stunning royal blue/purple number designed by Lanvin, we all remember her disaster from last year but then it's not as easy to dress up like that when your pregnant.

Rosie Huntington Whiteley stunned in this Balmain number, its like gladiator gone ghetto. It wasnt exactly in keeping with the white tie theme but I just loved it.

Ana Kendrick wore J.Medel showing off her midriff which was popular on the Met carpet last week as well as the black and white them that many chose!

Meh
This is my Meh pile, these are the ones that I didn't love and that I didn't truely hate!

Beyonce in Givenchy Haute Couture, she looked like she was going to a raunchy funeral in my opinion. 99.9% of the time she does get it right but I think that this just proves Beyonce is human too and can have her bad wardrobe days also.

Diane Kruger in Boss, this is proper meh and the more I think about the more I think I should put it in the pile below. So her makeup was gorgeous but the dress was just soooooo boring, half sequined/ half flowy and the cut around her arms just didn't look good at all!
Kristen Dunst wearing Rodarte, I think the only thing that won me over with this one was the fact that she had the Death Star from Star Wars on her dress and if you don't know already I am a proper geek, but other than that the dress is really a lot of nothing!

Zoe Saldana wearing Michael Kors, well I love Michael Kors but this was just a puffy mess really in my opinion.

Maggie Gyllenhaal in Valentino, it looked like something from a hippy commune or San Fransico in the 70's, either way it's pretty retro and I don't know what it was about it but I liked it.

Lily Allen wearing Chanel, there's not much I can say about this really, it's just nice. It's neither amazing nor crap it's just nice.


What Where you thinking
Alexa Chung in a 80's/90's prom style Nina Ricci dress, honestly this is just a hot mess,she is stunning and so quirky that I hoped for something better!

Rita Ora in Donna Karen, the dress was ok but the added sleeve and the hooker shoes where just a disaster
 
Kate Upton in Dolce And Gabbana. Kate Upton is just stunning and I'd give anything to have a body like hers but even the most stunning of people need to know how to dress for their shape and this really didn't suit her, although I don't think the fact that she was dressed for the OK Corral really helped either! This is what happens when you have a lot of YES people in your entourage!

Katie Holmes in Marchesa well I guess Suri picked this one out because the dress is just like Belle's from Beauty and the Beast the only thing is that Belle made this look good

  So that's my little round up of the Met Gala Ball 2014
If you think I missed anyone major or have your own thoughts let me know :)
Love Sarah xoxo





No comments :

Post a Comment