Tuesday 27 May 2014

Dupe Tuesday | L'Oreal vs Benefit


Dupe Tuesday
L'Oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream Vs Benefit Porefessional

On my rampage of Boots the other day I was creeping around the L’oreal stand and my eyes lit up when I saw the L’oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream.

It was in the BB cream section and I almost passed it by because it looked the same as the other BB creams, but luckily I noticed NEW on the packaging and that caught my attention. I think it’s only released in Ireland and the UK in the last month.

The Blur Cream contains micro blur technology and promises to instantly give flawless skin by immediately blurring pores, imperfections and refining skin texture. It comes in two colours for either Light to Medium Skin or Medium to Dark Skin, I chose the Light to Medium. It does say you can wear it with or without makeup but both colours end up translucent so I’m not too sure how great it will look unless you have absolutely flawless skin other than a few large pores and as it ends up translucent if you’re in the shop and they only have the darker tube then get it because it won’t make any difference to your skin colour.
(Left) Benefit Porefessional (Right) L'oreal Nude Magique Blur Cream
Just like the Maybelline Baby Skin and Benefit Porefessional they are silicone based. I would rank it in the middle of those two primers as it shares good qualities from both.
I would rival this to the Porefessional, it’s similar in colour, texture and the results are pretty much the exact same for half the price. I have really oily skin and my pores are super large so any primer or any cream that can cover them in is my new BBF (beauty best friend).
On application the cream leaves your skin with that silky silicone feeling, some people like this but I think it just feels a bit greasy and that goes for any silicone based primer I have tried, so I just leave it on my skin for a bit and let the product dry as much as it can into my skin.
I tried it on my MAC, Revlon and Rimmel foundations, and worked well on them all. I’ve heard other reviews saying that it helped their skin stay matte throughout the day, it didn’t have that effect on me but my skin wasn’t any more or less matte than usual.
Basically this for me is gives the exact same results as the Porefessional for a fraction of the cost. If you don’t want to fork over €34 at a Benefit counter then head over to Boots or any good Pharmacy that sells L’oreal because this beaut only costs €14.99.

Love Sarah xoxo





No comments :

Post a Comment