Tuesday 12 May 2015

L’Oréal 24hr Infallible Matte foundation and primer



In one of my recent Boots sprees I picked up the L’Oréal 24hr Infallible Matte foundation and primer. To say I have fallen in love is an understatement; the only time I haven’t worn it was when I was having makeup free days or when I was sick with the chicken pox.

Let’s start with the primer, it’s a silicone based primer, a real rival for the Smashbox primer and half the price. I haven’t used the primer with any other foundations but paired with this L’Oréal 24hr Infallible Matte foundation it makes the foundation last all day. Combined with the foundation it also diminishes pores which I have a big problem with.


On application the primer has a gel consistency that you will find with most silicone based primers but when worked into the skin it goes slightly liquid. It dries super-fast and helps the foundation glide on to your skin. It doesn’t leave the skin feeling sticky or with a greasy film that you can get with some silicone type primers, your skin will just feel super soft.

As a foundation it ticks all the boxes for me. I’m pretty oily so I’m always drawn to anything matte. There are only 6 colours in the range, so if your skin tone is in any way dark than unfortunately the foundation doesn’t cater for you but if you’re a typical pale Irish girl like me or anywhere up to olive toned skin than you will definitely find the perfect shade for yourself. I chose 11 Vanilla, it’s somewhere between NW15 and NW20 from MAC and on the pinkish side of the spectrum.

I haven’t tried it on my face for 24hrs but on a normal day my makeup will be on from 7am to 11pm and it’s pretty much perfect by the time I come to take it off. No foundation will ever stop me from getting an oily t-zone but I feel like I only need to powder my nose once during the day, maybe twice if I’m going out after work.

I’m just over a horrible bout of chicken pox which has left my skin with a lot of red marks and scars, it was only in the last week or so that I realised how full coverage the foundation is. The picture below I’m wearing the L’Oréal foundation as well as MAC select cover up concealer. I’ve been feeling pretty insecure about how my skin looks at the moment so the combination has made me feel normal again.


As my skin my skin has had a tough time of it recently it has become drier so on my drier days I spritz a bit of MAC Fix+ onto my face and it takes the dryness away.  I also find it best to apply with my Beauty Blender, I’ve tried it with my other brushes but found using a damp beauty blender gets the right coverage that I need.

As affordable foundations and primers go the L’Oréal Infallible Matte range wins hands down, it rivals a lot of high end equivalents and for half the price. At the moment it is on a 3for2 offer in Boots for €12.29. If you love matte foundations and are on the oilier side of life then you need to get your hands on it.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment