Thursday 28 May 2015

MAC Wash and Dry Collection


Wash and Dry is the latest collection to come from MAC. Released 2 weeks ago it is one of the most colourful collections I’ve seen from them in a while.

I bought the highlighter and one of the lipsticks on the Brown Thomas website the day it came out. I hadn’t tested any of it but I read all the reviews on the Temptalia website so I had an idea which pieces would be better than the others.

The packaging is what really sold me; it’s so colourful and bright that I knew it would be a great addition to my makeup collection.


I love highlighters and with it being summer I really want to look bright and fresh so highlighters are the way to go. The Freshen Up highlighter comes with a gold coating but with one swipe it’s gone. After the gold is gone I can’t find much in the way of a highlighter, if anything it’s a glorified blush, as blushes go though it’s absolutely gorgeous. It comes off peachy which is such a break from my mauve and pinks that I usually wear.


I bought the lipstick in Tumble Dry, it’s light peach lustre. This is my first lustre lipstick from MAC, I usually go for the Amplified, Satin or the Matte finish. I have to say I don’t love this lipstick, I think it’s too light for my lips. I love nude lipstick but I think this is too sheer and my lips are so naturally red that it doesn’t come off as good as it should on paler lips. I’ll have to play around with it more maybe use it over a nude lip pencil but at the moment I’m slightly regretting this purchase.

Being completely honest if I tested the products in person I probably wouldn’t have made a purchase or maybe I would have only purchased the highlighter. The pieces I did buy are limited edition in the collection which made me choose them over the repackaged pieces.

If you’re thinking of picking up any pieces from the Wash and Dry collection I’d be quick, it’s already out 2 weeks so all the good stuff might be gone.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo





No comments :

Post a Comment