Wednesday 6 May 2015

Met Gala 2015

I love the Met Gala Ball it never fails to disappoint in the fashion stakes. This year’s theme was Chinese White Tie which stumped a lot of attendees on the red carpet.
A lot of people played it safe but there is always the odd few that go the extra mile.

 

The person I was most looking forward to was Kim Kardashian, she had a gorgeous Roberto Cavalli gown that showed off her skin, accentuated her curves (not that hard though) and was inspired by a previous Met Gala gown worn by Cher many years ago. She wasn’t the only one to show off some skin, Beyonce and JLO had similar gowns but in the battle of skin I definitely think Mrs. Kardashian West won. JLO is usually so on point for me but her makeup just ruined the whole look for me and all I want to know from Beyonce is who made your shoes and when will Penneys be doing copies.

 


Rihanna is always out there and if it was any other red carpet her dress, in my opinion, would have been panned. Artistically it is a masterpiece; the dress by Guo Pei was made by one person and took two years to make, but the overall thought when I see it is “Big Bird”.

 
If you didn’t know yesterday (4th of May) was Star Wars day, I have a feeling that Anne Hathaway is a big fan or looking for a part in the new movies because she looked more Jedi than Chinese, I’m not really impressed by this Ralph Lauren number at all.

 

Mary Kate and Ashley usually look spot on but on the Met Gala red carpet they looked like they took inspiration from Morticia Adams rather than Chinese fashion. A bit too gothy for me.


Katy Perry wearing Moschino was just a fashion nightmare. I really can’t find anything positive to say about this dress. This was a major miss for me. Madonna wore a similar dress by the same designer which was much nicer, and a big improvement from her outfit last year.


I actually really liked Miley Cyrus’s dress, designed by Alexander Wang; this got the thumbs up from me. Unfortunately her hair and makeup didn’t complete the look for me.


Finally Kate Hudson, Chrissy Teigan and Jennifer Lawrence all got on my best dressed lists. These girls are always on point; whoever their stylists are they deserve all the money they get because they really know what they’re doing.




What do you guys think? Is there anyone I missed out that should have been noted for either best or worst dressed? Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.


Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment