Wednesday 26 August 2015

Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit




Contouring isn’t going away any time soon and it seems this summer brands like Smashbox have really stepped up their contouring game with the introduction of their Step by Step Contouring Stick Trio and the Step by Step Contour Kit. So with an abundance of high end contour kits I was happy to find the budget high street end of things aren’t afraid to get involved either.

At the beginning of the summer I purchased the Barry M Chiseled Cheeks Contour Kit, I had been hunting it down for weeks, every time I went to pick one up it was sold out and at €9.49 for a contour kit that looks like an exact double for the Smashbox contour kit you can see why.
For a palette costing €9.49 it is good but compared to the Anastasia Beverly Hills contour powders which I also bought over the summer you do realise that paying a bit extra you will get a better quality powder but as a beginner kit it’s the biz.


The vanilla shade in the palette is a great dupe for the ABH Vanilla powder, I use it to set under my eyes which helps to brighten them up a bit. The middle bronze shade I use to bronze my cheeks (obviously). This shade is probably the colour I use least in the palette though, the bronzer is a bit more on the orangey side which doesn’t suit my complexion at all and it doesn’t blend very well either. The third shade in the palette is the contour shade, a lot like Fawn in the ABH kits, I pop this in the hollows of my cheeks and it’s a great colour to deepen even the chubbiest of cheeks.

I bought some of the ABH contour powders over the summer and sitting them side by side you can see they are very similar.

So if you’re thinking of getting into contouring and don’t want to spend a fortune I’d recommend the Barry M Chisseld Cheeks Contour Kit. While it’s not super amazing it’s definitely great as a starter kit and I’d probably give it a 7/10.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment