Wednesday 5 August 2015

July Favourites





July is always a good month for me, there’s amazing weather, lots of nights out, outdoor concerts and the most important day of the year – my birthday.

 
Starting off with my number one favourite from this month and a birthday present from my boyfriend we have the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Champagne Pop created by my favourite Youtuber Jaclyn Hill. I am so in love with this highlighter, I’ve never tried any other powder highlighter that gives the same glow. It’s a perfect peachy gold that suits all skin tones. I think every beauty blogger I follow has bought one at this stage and haven’t seen or heard one bad review. It costs $38 and is only available from Sephora, if you can get your hands on it you will not be disappointed.

About two months ago I got a really bad dose of chicken pox. I got a few on my eye brow which resulted in scarring and some eyebrow hair falling out. I get my brows done at Elysian Brow and they recommended using an oil to stimulate hair growth. Around the same time I was sent some brow products from Eylure, among the bits I was sent was their Nourishing Brow Oil. I’ve used it nearly every night since I got it and have seen some major results. My brow hair has started to grow back where it had fallen out which I’m so relieved by. I’ve also been trying to grow the front part of my brow after an overzealous eyebrow lady a few years ago hacked away at them and have seen results there as well. If you’re trying to grow out your brows then I would definitely give this ago, its €11.99 and for all the times I’ve used it there is hardly a dent in it.

 

I bought the original Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask in Sephora last year and when my boyfriend was ordering the Jaclyn Hill highlighter I got him to throw in a few more beauty bits for me including the Agave Lip Mask in Champagne. I wear the Original Lip Mask at night, I really lash it on so my lips don’t dry out during the night. During the day I’ve been popping the Champagne version on, I keep it in my handbag for on the go application. It has a hint of a pinky champagne colour, I have a Nars Orgasm gloss that is very similar to it in colour. My lips are all the better for using this combo, they’re so soft and smoother than ever.


I attended the launch of Flormar in July and was given some goodies to try out. I’ve been loving their Illuminating Primer and their Bronzing Powder. I’m a matte girl but this summer I’ve been trying to add a glow to my skin and this primer is the perfect addition to my arsenal of glow inducing products. I’m not a lover of the smell but it does give me the glowing results I’m after as well as giving a good base for my foundation. I didn’t think I’d like the Bronzing Powder as it looked shimmery in the pan but when applied you can’t notice any shimmer at all. It’s the perfect bronze shade without being too orange. It’s a perfect natural bronze and looks great on pale skin.


Finally we have the new DKNY Energising Fall Limited Edition Eau De Toilette Spray, this is one of the presents I got for my birthday. I love this fragrance it’s a musky vanilla and lasts all day. It’s a real “me” fragrance, it’s not too sweet, not too deep and musky it’s somewhere in the middle and that’s the kind of everyday fragrance that I love.


Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment