Wednesday 12 August 2015

Rimmel 25hr Lasting Finish Foundation and Primer


When it comes to affordable good quality foundations Rimmel never seem to disappoint. I’ve had the Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr (€9.99) on rotation with my other foundations for the last few months now and I’ve been loving it.

There are 2 types of the Lasting Finish foundation that you can get. The Lasting Finish Nude is a medium coverage foundation and more hydrating on the skin which would suit normal to dry skin. The one that I’ve been loving is the Lasting Finish with Comfort Serum, it’s a full coverage foundation and much better suited to oilier skin as it is more of a semi-matte foundation.

To go with the foundation I use the Lasting Finish Primer (€8.99), it smooths out your skin and fills in pores. It wouldn’t be as good as Benefit Porefessional but it does help your foundation stay on for hours. I’ve tried other primers with the foundation but I found I get the best results out of it with the Lasting Finish primer.


This applies like a dream regardless of what tool I use but I prefer using my Beauty Blender, it gives such a flawless finish and looks like my own skin.

Now I do get quite a bit oily especially around my nose but noting a touch up from the Lasting Finish pressed powder can’t handle and I’m back to normal.

I haven’t tried this for the full 25hrs but I usually wear my foundations 15-16hrs and by the end of the day even if I’m a bit greasy the foundation is pretty much still there.


There are 7 colours to choose from, unfortunately the colours don’t go too dark but for our lovely Irish skin you will definitely find one for you, I use 100 Ivory and it an absolute match for my skin tone. I’m usually an NW15-18 in MAC foundations, so if you are one of those colours 100 Ivory should match you perfectly.

For a foundation under €10 this one will definitely be a repurchase, and seeing as the foundation works best with the primer I’ll have to repurchase that too.

Thanks for Reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment