Thursday 20 August 2015

Whatsalon App - Hassle free salon booking in an instant!


I love getting treatments and going to the salon, whether it’s to get my brows, nails, hair, wax or whatever I love going but when it comes to booking it’s  one of my most hated chores.

I’m a little deaf (self-diagnosed) but I hate ringing up and booking an appointment with the hairdresser. With all the hairdryers blasting in the background it’s hard for me to hear what they’re saying and hard for them to hear what I’m saying, the amount of times my name have been taken down wrong or I’ve been booked in for the wrong treatment, after a while it gets very annoying.

WhatSalon iPhone App displaying Salon Browse and Booking Sections

To get around this I like to find places that I can book online – I do this for two reasons 1) I can book myself in with my correct details and treatment and 2) they usually give you a list of times so you can choose which one suits you best and find the perfect time with your favourite stylist.

I had heard about the Whatsalon app around the blogisphere but after being approached last week by the founder of the app I decided to give it a try.

So with Whatsalon instead of booking online everything can be done on your phone by one simple app. Simply download, insert your card details and choose which salon you want to book in with.

Booking couldn’t be easier, just choose your city and the list of salons available pop up. You can book on the day for a last minute appointment or later in the week if you’re a bit more organised, then just choose what you want done, your stylist and then your time. A deposit will be taken from your card at the time of booking and you just have to pay the remainder when you’re treatment is complete.

Once booked you’ll get an email to confirm your appointment and also you get a chance to save a picture like the one below.


I chose to book in with Aviary Lane, a gorgeous Salon in South Anne Street, I’d actually never heard of the salon but I will definitely be going back, the staff and surroundings are lovely and if you’re ever going in for a blow dry ask for Nicola. I always ask for straight but with volume on top which sometimes never happens I usually get straight and flat or the volume will only last for a few hours but whatever bit of magic she put in my hair it was volumous for days.


At the moment the only cities to book in are Dublin and Cork but keep an eye out in the coming months as there will be more cities added in Ireland as well inside the M25 area of London this October. There will also be more salons added, obviously the more successful the app becomes the more salons will be added in the future.

This will also be such a handy app for when you’re travelling, there’s time when I’m down the country and want to get a blow dry or nails done last minute but haven’t a clue which salons are close or what they offer, so instead of ringing around I’ll be able to whip the phone out, check the Whatsalon app and see what’s the closest salon is and what times are available.

It’s so quick and easy, booking is done literally within seconds with no hassle at all. I know there’s a good few places now that you can book online but having a load of salons on the one app is so much easier and will make everything a lot quicker in the future.

To get the app on Apple or Andriod just click the link here or search Whatsalon on ITunes or the Playstore and get downloading.

Thanks for reading.


Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment