Tuesday 25 February 2014

Urban Decay Smoked Palette Review

Morning All,

So if you've been following or reading my blog you'll know last week I had a "dilemma" about which palette to buy - Smashbox Full Exposure or Urban Decay Smoked. After much deliberation I chose the Urban Decay palette which I am so happy about. I bought it in House of Fraser as I had a gift card so it felt like I got it for free which is always a good feeling.


Firstly the packaging is amazing it's in a foamy zip up wallet which I've never really seen in any other palettes and will make it great if I ever need to go travelling or need to throw it in my bag. The box comes with a small Primer Potion, a 24/7 glide-on eyeliner pencil in Perversion and a little look book to help you create some step by step looks. As soon as I got home I just had to try it out!


Firstly I tested some swatches on my arm just to see what I was dealing with and to get a feel of the product. The colours come up so well, only a little was need to get the results in the photo above and there wasn't that much fall out. There are 6 metallic colours and 4 mattes, 2 of which are highlight colours (they don't come up that well in the pictures). 

So the first look I did using Loaded, Blackout and Asphalt as the main colours, it gave a dark and smoked green colour to my eyes. The only thing missing to complete the look where some lashes, which would have made it a real night time look.
(Look 1)

The second look I used Blackout, Backdoor, Rust and Asphalt, again this was a smokey look but a bit more wearable as it was mainly browns. I used the 24/7 glide-on eyeliner to create a winged look and put about 10 layers of the NYC Big Bold Volume Mascara so I didn't look like I was in desperate need of lashes.


(Look 2)

Overall I love this palette; it's very versatile and can give day and night looks. I think I will be mainly using this more for my night looks though (I did use it last Friday night but took so many snapchats I forgot to take any proper photos to show you guys :( ). I will give one warning, the 24/7 glide-on eyeliner literally stays on 24/7, I had to scrub my eyes to get it off and you really need to work quick with it as dries and that bad boy isn't budging once it does!
Oh and the lipstick in all the pictures is the Red P.S Beauty Love lipstick with the black lid from Pennys.

Thanks for reading,
Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment