Wednesday 11 February 2015

Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo


I’m always wary of new dry shampoos that come out onto the market; I had such a disaster with the Garnier Ultimate Blends ones that came out last year that I haven’t strayed too far from my old reliable Batiste. I thought I’d give these new Herbal Essences and see if they come up to my high dry shampoo standards.

There are 3 bottles in the new range – Ignite My Colour, Uplifting Volume and Clearly Naked. Each bottle has its own unique scent so you don’t just get fresh looking hair, it also smells fresh too – Ignite My Colour leaves you smelling like you’ve just stepped out of a salon.

Ignite My Colour is suitable for all kinds of coloured hair as it doesn’t leave your hair looking chalky like some other dry shampoos. I had seen it being used on Kathleen who has gorgeous dark locks and it sprayed on clear, not a hint of chalkiness at all.

Uplifting Volume definitely does was it says on the can. I would use one of the other two dry shampoos first though, I found that using one of the other bottles to take the initial greasy look out of my hair and spritzing the Uplifting Volume into my hair gave it that boost that you need, especially in the morning when your hair is flat as a pancake from your pillow. Think of this one as backcomb in a bottle.

I was drawn immediately to Clearly Naked and it’s my favourite out of the bunch. This one did make my hair go white when I sprayed it in but it disappeared once I combed it out, as I’ve blonde hair I can’t be too sure if it leaves any white residue in darker hair.


This picture was taken on Sunday; I hadn’t washed my hair since the Thursday so my hair was pretty rank and stuck to my head by that stage. I sprayed my hair with Clearly Naked, a little at a time, usually with my Batiste I’ll spray nonstop but with these dry shampoos it’s best to go slow and spray then massage in to your head and then spray a bit more. Once I’m done spraying I leave it in my hair for a minute or two just so any oils get soaked into the spray before I brush it out. My hair was still looking a bit flat so I popped a bit of the Uplifting Volume into it and it gave me my just the right amount of boost I needed.

I really liked these dry shampoos; they’re definitely up there with my favourite dry shampoo Batiste. The bottles come in two sizes and cost €1.99 to €3.99 (RRP) and can be found in all good stores and pharmacies.

*I attended the P&G Beauty Showcase a few weeks ago and was kindly gifted the new Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo range. If you’re a regular to my blog you’ll know that if I don’t like a product I will say it so if I really didn’t like these dry shampoos you’d know all about it!

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment