Monday 23 February 2015

Oscars Red Carpet 2015


Good Morning Boys and Girls!!

The Oscars have to be my favourite red carpet event of the year. Unlike the Emmy’s or SAG awards the Oscars always have a bit more of an elegant vibe when it comes to the fashion. I expect the highest of fashion and the most amazing looking gowns that even Cinderella herself would die for!

Looking through last nights red carpet looks it doesn’t look like there where too much catastrophes but I still found some that didn’t float my red carpet boat.


Let’s start with my favourites of the night:




Emma Stone looks stunning in this Elie Saab gown, it goes perfectly with her skin tone. This girl can do no wrong on the red carpet I’ve loved all her looks from this red carpet season.



I haven’t loved Kiera Knightly’s looks too much this red carpet season, she’s still trying to keep her style while pregnant but I think last night’s look was perfect on her. The Valentino gown wouldn’t suit everyone but she styled her bump perfectly. 


Can Tom Forde do any wrong?? This gown is just perfection, it’s so simple and Reese looks stunning in it, it shapes her curves perfectly. Sometimes the simplest dresses are my favourites.


Meryl Streep can literally do no wrong for me. She’s just so glamorous for her age and really knows how to dress for it. I hate seeing women on the red carpet trying to dress like some of girls that are half their age (Yeah I’m looking at you Madonna). Mrs. Streep is wearing a custom designed Lanvin dress and blazer.


Another amazing Elie Saab gown, this time on the stunning Jennifer Lopez. When I think of the Oscar’s I think of gowns like this one. She left her makeup and styling to a minimum making it all about the dress. This is just perfection for me, I’m sure it helps when you look like Jlo but I would love a gown like this.


I can’t believe I’m saying this but Rita Ora actually looks amazing, she got the Oscar memo and she stuck to it. This navy Marchesa dress with gold accents on it is probably the best I have ever seen her. Unfortunately that didn’t last till the after party where she wore the below dress.  

Sheer bravery: Rita Ora went for an eye-catching look as she attended the Vanity Fair post-show party following the 87th Academy Awards on Sunday evening in Los Angeles

Ok so onto the dresses that I didn't like. There aren't many dresses but these are the ones that caught my attention.


I like this Atelier Versace dress but it’s just not blowing me away. ScarJo has looked so much better in the past that I expect much more of her. That necklace doesn’t help matters either. 


I know she got a major snub for an Oscar nomination but if that was the case with me I’d want to be centre of attention on the red carpet. The dress is nice but it looks like something she already had in the wardrobe and just through it on. It’s a lovely Versace dress but it doesn’t scream Oscars for me.



Where to start with this Louis Vuitton number on Nicole Kidman? It’s shocking looking, just shocking. Yellowish sequences, like I just can’t even fathom why anyone would think this looks good.


Finally we have Lady Gaga doing the dishes. In a custom Azzedine Alaïa, I’m not sure if the gloves came with it or not but they look like something you’d clean the dishes with or gut some fish. The dress itself though is nice but the gloves are just ruining the whole outfit!

What do you guys think of my picks?
Let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Reese witherspoon is just goals!
    Emma xo | missemmalouise12.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete