Tuesday 3 February 2015

January Favourites


I’m so glad January is over, it just felt like it would never end for me. Nothing ever really happens, the weather is always awful and this month I was just so unorganised and had serious writers block that I was barely hitting more than 1 post a week. Luckily I feel like I’ve gotten my blogging mojo back and hopefully you’ll be seeing a more posts up during the week.

The first few weeks of January where pretty slow, I did spend most of it reorganising my makeup which meant coming across a lot of stuff that I hadn’t tried in a while. If you’ve a big enough collection of makeup I’d really recommend it because I’ve started to use products again that I haven’t in a good while. I also got rid of a lot of old makeup that dried up and went out of date.

The last 2 weeks of January I started to get back into blogging and getting really motivated about it. A lot of new products are starting to come out which I get really excited about and I also went to a few product launches too so it’s all given me motivation and a lot of ideas for new posts.

Now that we're over January lets take a look at what i've been loving last month:

Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade:
I had been on such a Brow Wiz buzz during December that I neglected most of my other brow products. When I was reorganising my makeup I decided to start using it again. I go through fazes of loving really sculpted brows and then going to a more natural look. At the moment I’m trying something in between and it’s working out so far.


Bunny Cotton Bud Holder:
Back in December I bought this little bunny in boots. You stuff its bum with cotton buds until there’s one popping out. I keep mine on top of my dresser. I’ve also found a new love for cotton buds, they’re so much better for cleaning my makeup and nail varnish off, I don’t think I’ll be buying cotton pads in a long time, they seem so rough compared to the buds. I’m not sure if they still sell it in Boots but they have a version in Tiger for €3.00.


Buxom Hold The Line Liner
I know it’s just a black pencil liner but it’s actually really good. I’ve been using the Urban Decay 24/7 Perversion pencil but after using the Buxom liner the urban decay liner has been put to the back of the drawer. It’s a long wearing waterproof liner that doesn’t smudge or budge throughout the day. It glides on like a gel and is super black and as a contact lens wearer it doesn’t transfer onto the lens which happens an awful lot with the UD liner.


Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick – Pure Hollywood
I bought 3 of these liquid lipsticks back at the start of January and as the other 2 colours are darker I’ve been wearing Pure Hollywood nonstop as it a gorgeous nude so it’s a bit more wearable during the day. I’m going to try and wear the other colours more but for now Pure Hollywood is my absolute favourite and I think I’ll have to be putting another order in for some more shades. I’ll have a review coming soon on them hence why I’m not giving a lot away.


Kiko Colour Up Long Lasting Eyeshadow
I bought a few of these when I was in London a few weeks ago and am loving the number 10 colour. It’s a pinkie champagne colour. I just wear it on its own for a simple work day makeup look. I glide it on and then buff it in and I’m good to go. I’ve been loving shadow sticks recently as they’re so easy to use and so handy, especially when you’re in a rush in the morning and need to get out the door to catch the bus!


Image Skincare Ormedic Balancing Lip Enhancement Complex
I got this in the December Chic Treat Club box and use it every night going to bed. It’s a really hydrating balm that plumps up your lips and smooths out your fine lines and contours of your lips. I haven’t really notice it plumping but my lips have been so smooth and this is probably the first winter in years where I haven’t had any horrible chapped lips. I think this is €23 so I don’t know yet if it will be a repurchase but I’ve been using it pretty much every night since I got it and there is still quite a lot of product in the tube so if it does last a bit longer it might justify spending that much on a lip balm.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


2 comments :

  1. Where can you get that eyeliner?? Sounds fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it in Sephora I don't think Buxom is in the UK or Ireland which is really annoying because their lip products are really good too!

    ReplyDelete