Friday 13 February 2015

I Choo Choo Choose You - Valentines Day Makeup


 With Valentine’s Day tomorrow I thought I’d put together a little post for you guys. Valentine’s Day is probably one of my favourite days of the year, even though my boyfriend and I don’t do anything over the top. We’ve been 9 years together so we’re over the need to have big over the top presents, instead we opt for a more low key option and this year I’ll be cooking his favourite meal and watching Sopranos.


Even though we’ll be having a laid back evening I’ll still want to look good, so this is the look I’ll be going for. I like to think of it as soft glamour. I’ve gone for a smoky eye and red lip but have cut out the heavy contouring that I would usually do for a special occasion, I’ve also used a very sheer foundation.
For the foundation I used Rimmel BB Matte cream in light and just applied it with my hands.
While I wasn’t properly contouring I still wanted my skin to look bright and glowing so I used the MaybellineInstant Anti-Age Eraser. I applied it under my eyes, the centre of my nose, chin and forehead and blended it into my skin with a beauty blender.


For the eyes I used my new Jaclyn Hill Favourites palette – I used matte brown shades on the crease, metallic light gold and copper on the lid. You could really use any type of shadows, I’ve been loving the new YSL palette and Wet N Wild have some great smoky eye palettes too.

I'm absolutely cack when it comes to my wing, it turned out just about ok for the pictures, I had to clean it up with concealer but it worked out ok in the end. I started to use the Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama gel liner but it wasn’t working for me so I switched over to the Stilla Stay All Day Liquid Liner which I have been loving recently. After that I applied some Ardell lashes, I don’t have the packaging of them anymore so I’m not sure which type they are but they wing out more at the end which I love in a lash. For mascara I used the Maxfactor Masterpiece Glamour Extensions mascara (not out till March) and the for Kohl liner I used my Buxom Hold the Line Liner.


To powder I used the Rimmel Lasting Finish Powder. I put a light amount of the Soap and Glory Solar Powder Bronzer and on the cheeks I used my new favourite blush the Maxfactor Crème Puff Blush in Nude Mauve. As it’s a special occasion it’s only right to use my special occasion highlighter, the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector pressedpowder in Opal.

For lips I lined them with the red lip liner from Penneys (only €1.50), and popped over my favourite red the Kate Moss matte in 107. I popped some of the highlighter on my cupids bow and in the centre of my lips I used the Smashbox Be Legendary gloss in Pout. Probably not the best option if you think you’ll be smooching your fella all night so maybe go for a nude or a long lasting matte red.


It’s a simple look and even though its glam it’s not too over the top and if I believe what my Boyfriend says than guys don’t like a face full of make up so I think this is just perfect.


Thanks for reading, let me know what you think in the comments.

Love Sarah xoxo






No comments :

Post a Comment