Thursday 30 October 2014

Chic Treat Club in aid of the Tricia McCarthy Memorial Fund



Chic Treat Club have gone above and beyond this month. Another month and another box that hasn’t disappointed, definitely one of the best beauty subscription boxes around.

As it’s Breast Cancer Awareness month Chic Treat Club along with Triona McCarthy have created a box in aid of the Tricia McCarthy Memorial Scholarship for Breast Cancer Research at the NBCRI with €2 from each box going to help fund the scholarship.


This month’s box is bursting at the seams, I will be using literally everything in this month’s box which can be hard to come by with some otherr beauty boxes.


To start we have the Yonka Lait Nettoyant Cleansing milk. This cleanser is for all skin types and will remove makeup from your face in a single wipe, at least that’s what it says on the box. This is a travel size which is really handy because I always find it difficult to decide which makeup remover to bring away with me. I love Yonka products and can’t wait to try this cleanser out. Full sized price is €30.00, the travel size works out at €4.50.


NYX came to Ireland this year, I have yet to go buy anything in stores that sell it here but I did pick up some of their makeup when I was in America. I already have 3 of their Power Blushes but luckily I didn’t get this colour. In the box I received the shade Rose Garden, it a lovely sparkly pink and retails for €7.49.


A big favourite of mine are the Wet N Wild Mega Last lipsticks. I have so many of these lippies and I love them, they last for ever on your lips, for me these are rivals for the MAC matte lipsticks. They cost €2.99 and can be found in all good Penneys and Dunnes. The colour that came in my box was Think Pink, which is very apt for Breast Cancer Awareness month. Luckily again this is a colour that I don’t have in my collection.


I’ve tried a few of these exfoliating foot masks out before, I love using them. It can be a bit gross when your skin starts to come off but they are left baby soft when the treatment is finished so it is worth a few days of shedding skin like a snake. The box contains the Purederm Botanical Choice Exfoliating Foot Mask, I don’t think I’ve tried this brand yet.  These masks retail for €3.99.


Another handy travel sized product in the box is the Roger & Gallet Bois d’Oranged Perfumed Moisturising Sorbet Body Lotion. I don’t think I have tried this brand before but I have heard many good things. I think I will be popping this in my hand bag for on the go moisture, especially during these winter months when the dry air from all the heaters leave me like a shrivelled prune. The full price costs €15.00, the travel size works out at €3.75.

The full box works out at €22.72, it’s probably one of the best boxes I’ve received from them as I’ll be using everything in the box and there is the added bonus of €2 from each box going to such a good cause.

If you’re thinking of joining the Chic Treat Club subscription service go check them out here.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment