Saturday 1 November 2014

Why So Winey?? - My Favourite wine lips and nails


Halloween maybe over but that’s no reason to give up the vampy look. If you’re a regular reader of my posts than you have you already know that I love dark reds and burgundy colours and it wasn’t till I was gathering all my favourite lipsticks and nail polishes that I realised that I have an awful lot of them and a lot of the same colour. My addiction has led to a constant battle to find the perfect shade of wine, I don’t think I’m even close to it which is most worrying.

Black Cherry
VaVa Violet

When it comes to autumn and winter I live for dark lips and nails, keep reading to find out some of my favourites.
I’ll start with the lips, a lot of these are super affordable and can be found in most drugstores apart from one or two.
Starting with 2 from the Revlon Super Lustrous collection we have Black Cherry and Va Va Violet. These are €10.69 each in Boots. The Black Cherry looks a bit brown from the photo but it is a proper wine colour in person, the Va Va Violet is more on the purple side of wine, this one is definitely vampier. They look like the exact same colour on screen but they are completely different.

Fusion

My posts wouldn’t be complete these days if it didn’t include Makeup Revolution and they do some amazing colours ranging from £1 - £3. This is from their matte lipstick collection in the colour Fusion. It looks like it will be super dark but it comes of more of a dark pink.

Vamp

Fuschia Makeup up next with their Classic Matte lipstick in Vamp, this is a red toned wine and is long wearing. You can get this for €13.50 at their stores in Swords and Drogheda.


I adore the Penneys PS Love Beauty range. I love this purple colour, they don’t have names on them but I think it’s still available in stores. This is an iridescent purple and costs €1.50.

The next two are from my American trip.

After Dark

The new Smashbox Be Legendary Long Wear Lip Lacquer in After Dark is becoming a regular on my lips these days. These are €24, I think I paid about the same amount in dollars so I got it for a tiny bit cheaper. It’s a brown hued purple, that lasts for ages and it’s glossy without being sticky.

Truffle

The final lip colour is from Bite Beauty. I wish I had got more of these colours as you can’t order them online anywhere other than Sephora which you can’t get delivered to Ireland so think I’ll just have to go back to the states because anything I have from Bite is just amazing. This is a Matte Crème Lip Crayon, when I think of vampy wines this is the colour I think of, it’s just perfect. The colour is in Truffle and cost $24.

Onto nails and I’m just going to blitz through these ones.


Revlon Perfumeries in Bordeaux, smells like a sweet berry - €8.99
Nails Inc. in Victoria, love this colour, it’s a proper dark blood wine colour - €16.75
Max Factor Gel Shine Lacquer in Sheen Merlot, new to my collection and I love it - €8.99
Tanya Burr in Riding Hood, this is a high gloss true red, not a wine but still a fave of mine - €6.49


Nails Inc. in The Vale, a dark plum colour - €16.75
Collection Lasting Gel Colour in Vixen Red, my favourite gel nail polish and most affordable - €3.99
Formula X in Ignite, this comes out darker than it looks and last for ages. I’ll be stocking up on these next time I’m in America - $10.50
Rimmel 60 Seconds x Rita Ora in Rita Rouge. Love these polishes and this colour is a lovely dark wine - €3.99

When I’m not in the wine mood but still want something wintery and dark I go for the following colours.


Wet N Wild Mega Rocks in Jam Session, it’s great on its own or on top of any colour to give it a sparkle – I think these are around €2.99
Barry M Gelly Hi Shine polishes in Chilli, a great autumnal terracotta colour- €5.99
Tanya Burr in Midnight Sparkles, a sparkly purple - €6.49
Catrice Ultimate Nail Lacquer in Genius in the bottle, I think this was in a special collection but I love the metallic colours - €3.99 I think.
NYC Expert Last polish in Money Never Sleeps, a gorgeous metallic dark green – again I can’t remember the price but definitely under €4.

The sad thing is that this is that I haven’t showed you all of my favourite colours there are still plenty of others in my collection and it’s still growing.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

2 comments :

  1. Love all these! Unfortunately I just cant wear dark lip colours but love the varnish! Really liking that Revlon one, next on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how they smell, it makes me feel like a child again!

    ReplyDelete