Tuesday 11 November 2014

Have I been Converted?? My New Nude Lip Love!



As you may know already I am a big fan of wines, burgundies, light reds, dark reds, basically all of the above. I love to have colour on my lips; they’re naturally a deep red anyway so it makes sense that I love a good red to enhance them. When it comes to nudes though I’ve never had the best of luck with them, they’ve never suited me and just made me look washed out so I’ve always tended to stay away from them. However this all changed recently when I was in the states. I had been to Sephora and bought one of their boxes with different samples of lipstick and as they had a few nudes in the box I thought I’d try them out and to my luck the colour suited me pretty perfectly!


In the box was Urban Decay and Buxom lippies, I wasn’t feeling the urban decay lipstick on its own but when paired with the Buxom Full On Lip Cream it really was a match made in heaven. What I didn’t know was that the gloss is plumping and while my lips don’t exactly need any plumping I did like the look it gave me. I then discovered that I had a Make Up For Ever Aqua Lip nude lip pencil in 3C, this made using the Urban Decay  Revolution lipstick in Nude on its own look that little bit better and because it’s a slightly more brownie nude it gives that Kylie Jenner type of lip. I’ve gotten so many compliments from people about this combination and I think I could actually be converted to loving nudes which I never thought I’d be able to say as a lover of a bit of red lippy.


I don’t think I will ever put my reds and pinks to the side but I like that I know can branch out and have a few more options now. There’s now a huge world of lipsticks out there for me to discover now which is possibly very dangerous for my bank account but sure YOLO!


No comments :

Post a Comment