Thursday 13 November 2014

MAC Objects of Affection Pigments and Glitters - MAC Christmas 2014


Christmas is only a few weeks away so that means plenty of holiday collections from all our favourite brands. I took a quick walk through Brown Thomas last week and got a little side tracked in MAC and ended up buying 2 of the new Objects of Affection mini pigment kits.


The Objects of Affection kits are part of the 3 other collections for Christmas 2014; the two other collections for Christmas are The Heirloom Mix (single lipsticks, eyeshadows etc.) and the Keepsakes (palettes, brushes and bags). It was only released last weekend and I’ve a feeling this lot of these will sell out soon as there is something to suit everyone. 


There are 3 sets of colours to choose from in the Objects of Affection collection:
-Pink, Rose and Glitter
-Gold, Beige and Glitter
-Silver, Blue and Glitter

I chose the Pink and Gold pigments, I think they would suit me more than the blues from the other kit.


I’ve yet to fully test these out but just by swatching them I fell in love immediately. I used MAC Fix+ when swatching them, I think with pigments and especially the glitters you will need it, it will make them stick better to the lid and will also give an extra pop to the colours. When used with the gold glitter it made it look like liquid gold, it was just stunning.


As well as the colours being amazing the boxes are just gorgeous and can be used when for storing bits and pieces when you’re done with the pigments.

I can’t wait to fully test these out, they are perfect for Christmas and I’d say they will be on my eyes for at least one or two Christmas parties. I also think the price range is really good, these where only €35 each and you get 4 pigments and 1 glitter in each box and even though they are smaller than the single pigments they will last for a long time. A single MAC pigment will cost you €24.50-€25.00 so when you do the beauty math it works out as a bargain!

Have you tried any of the other pieces from the MAC Christmas Collections?  If you have let me know, a few of the Keepsake palettes have caught my eye and might have to come home with me!

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment