Thursday 6 November 2014

Alexander Wang X H&M



This morning Alexander Wang launches his collection for H&M worldwide. In Dublin the collection can be bought exclusively at H&M on South King Street (just off Grafton Street) from 9am. I’m sure people have queued for hours to be some of the first people to get their hands on the Alexander Wang X H&M collection. Luckily for me I was invited to the launch of the collection last night and if last night is anything to go by there won’t be much left on the stands. The collection to me is sports chic and don’t expect any colour as pieces are mostly black or grey. As the collection is mainly one colour textures play a big part in the look. Scuba style fabric, leather and sporty type Lycra materials are prominent.





Some fabrics are breathable so if you do want to look fabulous in the gym while your sweating your arse off you can get some tanks and T’s as well as sports leggings, even boxing gloves are available all from €29.99.
If I’m honest I couldn’t see myself or the average Dubliner wearing the majority of this collection. However I did spot one or two pieces that I would have loved to take home with me but at the moment I just can’t justify spending the money.



(White top) This top was very popular and quickly flew off the shelves. It could be warn casual with leggings or dressed up with skinny jeans and heals but at €119 my brain won over my heart and I had to put it back. It’s also available in black.
The Wang Cropped Jumper was another popular item and I did buy this one. The cropped jumper available in grey or black was in a lot of people’s hands last night and I say this one will be a sell-out. It is made out of scuba material but not as stiff. At €49.99 this was a little more justifiable for myself and it was the only thing I bought out of the night.
I found a lot of the brighter colours more wearable and more eye catching. The designs in the black just seemed to get washed out and undefinable with everything being so dark. I also noticed a lot of the pieces looked much better online then in person which was a disappointment when I was walking around.

There is also a line for men which I had a look at, again everything was very similar to the women’s line but knowing typical Irish men I don’t think many will be buying it. The fabrics and designs just aren’t for the average meat and two veg kind of guy.







As we were leaving we received a gift bag containing a gorgeous coffee table book showing all the previous designer collections from over the years, I just need to get a coffee table now!

I’m sure it will be a sell-out but I can imagine the odd piece being left behind. You can see the full collection here.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo





No comments :

Post a Comment