Tuesday 25 November 2014

The Original Beauty Blender and Solid Review



I’ve found that regardless of the price makeup, having the right tools for the job can make a €10 foundation look like a €40 foundation and leave you looking flawless. I have a mountain of foundation and concealer brushes in my collection but they have all recently been made obsolete in the form of The Beauty Blender.

If you don’t know about The Beauty Blender already it’s similar to the Real Techniques blender. It’s an egg shaped sponge but a bit pointier on top. There are 3 types of Blender that you can get – the Original, Pure sponge and Pro Sponge. I picked up the Original.

There are a lot of blenders on the market but from reading around the beauty blogisphere the Beauty Blender trumps them all. Since I’ve started using the blender I haven’t touched any of my foundation or concealer brushes, the Beauty Blender does everything for me.

How it works:
When you get The Beauty Blender first you might be thinking “How is this little tiny sponge supposed to do anything to my face” but once you run it under water it nearly doubles in size.

I’ve only ever used it wet, I couldn’t imagine using it dry. Using it wet makes sure you don’t get too cakey looking and never puts on more makeup than you need.

Putting my foundation on the back of my hand I just dab the sponge into it and then in dabbing/tapping motions I pop it all over my face. The key rule here is to dab and not drag like a brush otherwise your face won’t look flawless.


The Beauty Blender has also cut my application time in half, it only takes a minute or two to put my foundation on and because the blender is damp I think it makes the application smoother regardless of which brand I use. I also find that I don’t need to use as much foundation on as it’s not getting sucked up into my brush.

I’m just back from a weekend away in Rome and I found the Beauty Blender to be super travel friendly, I just pop it into its little box and popped it into my bag and I was good to go, I didn’t have to think about what brushes would be best and because foundation brushes can be a bit bulky I didn’t have to worry about what size makeup bag to bring and when you’re on a Ryanair flight the less bulk in your bag the better.
I did have my own photos but they vanished on me
The Blender Cleanser Solid has also revolutionised how I clean brushes and the blender. To clean the sponge I just wet it and rub it into the Solid cleanser. It’s basically a bar of soap but works wonders for cleaning makeup off. You only need to rub the Blender into the solid for a little bit then to lather it I just squeeze it and massage the sponge with my hand and then rinse, I do this a few times till I see the water run clear. It’s not only great for cleaning you blender but cleaning you shadow brushes also. It makes the task of cleaning everything less of chore.The one problem I have is that the foundation does stain the sponge a little. 


You don’t have to go all the way to America to buy The Beauty Blender just check out their stockists for the UK and Ireland to see where you can buy it. It costs around €20 for the Blender and around €18 for the Solid, it might seem expensive to some but trust me when I say it will change the way you apply foundation forever.

Should I do a comparison of the Beauty Blender and the Real Techniques Blender?
Let me know in the comments below.

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo

2 comments :

  1. Great review! I have never used the Beauty Blender, just the RT one. I do find it good but cleaning it is a pain. Never even knew the cleaning bar existed! I must look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Solid cleanser is deadly, really worth the money, cleans everything in seconds! I'll have to get the RT one just to try it out see if its equal to it or not :)

    ReplyDelete