Saturday 18 October 2014

Autumn/Winter Wishlist



Summer is over and autumn is finally in full swing which means new makeup on the stands and new clothes in the shops.
Autumn and winter are one of my favourite times of year. I love how everything gets cosy and the dark vampy colours that are everywhere.

Since coming back from my holidays I’ve had to tighten the purse strings and I’ve been put on a spending ban by my boyfriend. I’ve been doing fine but this week with the weather taking a turn and Halloween coming up, as well as the accumulation of new makeup launches I have just wanted to buy everything.

I’ve compiled a list of the items I’m lusting after most, some of which I want straight away and some that can hold off till at least Christmas.


Starting of my lustful list is Nars, they have released some amazing pieces recently and I can’t wait to get my hands on their new Audacious lipsticks. Firstly the packaging is so sleek. They’re magnetic so they stick together and they also have Nars written around it so if you have 3 lipsticks lined up they spell out Nars. These will set you back €30 each which is pretty steep and I know I’ll want to get 3 of them to get them to spell out Nars.

Another one from Nars is The Nars Vault, a limited edition lipstick and nail polish set. You get 10 lipsticks and 10 polishes and hold on to your hats girls because it will cost a whopping €390!!! I’ve heard they only have 4 in Brown Thomas, they’d make a great Christmas present for a makeup addict like myself but I doubt my fella will be forking out for one of these.




Another makeup brand that has brought out some amazing products is Charlotte Tilbury. She has created makeup to go with 10 different looks. My favourite is the Vintage Vamp collection. Among it is the Vintage Vamp luxury palette (€50), it’s a quad shadow palette with gorgeous golds and wine colours. The lipstick (€30) in Night Crimson is an amazing vampy wine colour, my all-time favourite shade. This is definitely a brand I could fall in love with.
It wouldn’t be winter without a new coat. I’m going to hold off and lose a bit of weight and till it gets that little bit colder before I buy a new one but I definitely have my eye on one or two already. The River Island brown leather trench coat (€120) is on my radar, I’ve only seen it online but I’ve been reassured by my friend that it is just as nice in person. It has a detachable fur collar which I could take or leave but overall it’s just gorgeous and it kind of reminds me a spy would wear I’m not sure why that makes a difference but it makes me want it. I also love this Zara wool camel coat, it’s a bit light for winter but it looks very cosy. It costs a whopping €159 so I don’t know if I will buy this one however if I can find one cheaper and similar I might get it.
Finally on my list is the L’essence perfume by Balenciaga. It’s my all-time favourite perfume and when I was on my travels I tried every duty free and beauty store and couldn’t find it. It was in Dublin Airport but I figured it would be cheaper abroad but I couldn’t get my hands on it at all. It’s an expensive enough perfume at €85-€100 depending what size you get. At the moment it’s pretty much sold out everywhere so I’m not sure if it’s being discontinued or not, fingers crossed it isn’t and I can treat myself to a bottle before Christmas.

What do you guys have your eyes on? Is there anything that you would add to my list? Let me know J

Thanks for reading.

Love Sarah xoxo


1 comment :

  1. Love that leather jacket! It's amazing! I think Nars are taking the biscuit though with their pricing, I couldn't pay €30 for a lippy!

    ReplyDelete