Wednesday 3 September 2014

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick Review


If you’re a reader of Beauty Blunders than you’ll know that I’m a matte lipstick junkie so when I picked 2 of the newly packaged Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks I was really stepping out of my comfort zone.

These lipsticks have been around for a while now and a few months ago they were redesigned and the formula was changed. As this is my first time to wear these lipsticks I can’t compare to the previous formula but from what I hear from other bloggers they do prefer it. They cost €7.79 each in Boots and should roughly be the same price in other pharmacies.


These lipsticks are highly pigmented, the tiniest amount on your lips give a full coverage. They are as the name suggests moisturising which I found a nice change to wearing matte lipsticks all the time. I can only compare it to Vaseline on the lips, especially when you rub your lips together.

The colours last a good while, and leave the lips feeling very nourished.

I bought two of the lipsticks, Amethyst Shimmer and As you like in Victoria, there are 19 shades available altogether. The Amethyst Shimmer is a shimmering pink, I didn’t love this and I probably wouldn’t have bought it if I tested it out on the back of my hand but the sticker on the tube looked like a nice colour. It’s a bit of retro colour so I probably won’t be wearing it too much after. The As you like it Victoria is a lovely dark hot pink. This is a lot more wearable than the other colour and can be worn day and night.


These are lovely lipsticks but I have one or two problems with them, firstly they have a perfume fragrance that I don’t like, it’s a really cheap and has an old smell that I remember my mother’s lipsticks used to smell like when I was a child. Secondly they are so pigmented and moisturising that if you hit off your lips there is a lot of transfer and can smudge really easily which can ruin your makeup. I found that if I only put the thinnest layer on this doesn’t happen as much.


I do like these but I probably won’t be buying too much, while a change is always good I think I’ll be sticking with my matte shades for another while.

Just a reminder to you all that you have until Sunday to avail of 25% off Karmisa jewellery.

Just enter the code “karmisasarah” at checkout for 25% off your final bill and remember they offer free shipping worldwide so you have no excuses!


Thanks for reading.


Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment