Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review | Cocoa Brown Gentle Bronze and Lovely Legs




Last weekend I went to the Irish Beauty Show and of course I had to go to the Marrisa Carter Cocoa Brown stand. I had watched her a week or two before hand when she was on Xpose talking about her trip to Hollywood to tan the stars at the Oscars and she mentioned that she was introducing 3 new products, the Gentle Bronze - a gradual tanning moisturiser, Lovely Legs - a tanning instant leg spray and the 1 Hour Tan in a new Dark colour. 
I'm a huge fan of Cocoa Brown since they came across my path last year. I've already gone through a few bottles of the 1 Hour tan, I use the Chocolate Whip every time I tan to prolong and keep the tan even and the Tough Stuff exfoliator is a staple in my shower for the last few months.

As I have the 1 Hour tan and it makes me pretty dark any way I decided to just get the Gentle Bronze and the Lovely Legs spray. I started with the Gentle Bronze (€5.95), only testing it on one arm. Each morning I would put a layer of it on. The smell was OK, it had a chocolate smell that most of the other Cocoa Brown products have and it dried quickly enough. As I was only using it on one arm and using normal moisturiser on the other arm I could see if there were any differences, it didn’t give it any more or less moisture than the other arm.
No Gentle Bronze
After 7 days of Gentle Bronze
Each day in work I would ask the girls if they could notice any difference, they couldn’t until the end of the week. I suppose if I put a layer on morning and evening it would of darkened more but it did give a lovely sun kissed look (from an Irish sun any way). I’ll keep using it as I’m as pale as Casper after this winter and it will give me a bit of a glow without looking like an Oompa Loompa. I’ve used the St.Tropez gradual tan in the past and that made me look orange so I’m happy with the results of the Gentle Bronze, I’d give it a 4/5.

Last Tuesday I was going to Beyonce and last minute I decided to put tan on. I usually put Sally Hansen on my body if I haven’t put anything on the night before so I decided to try out the Lovely Legs spray (7.95) thinking it would have the same effect (oh lord did it not work out). Firstly it sprayed on bright orange which I should have known by then that it wasn’t going to work out good. With my tan mitt I really buffed it into the skin and it did turn out even and didn’t streak but I was frickin orange. So that’s the day I learned not to test a product just before I go out.
I did however test it on my legs a few days after and the result was really good. I tested against the Sally Hansen leg spray and the results where the exact same. It was slightly orange but for some reason it did work out better that when I put it on my upper body.
I probably won’t buy it again as I rarely get my legs out and it doesn’t look right when I put it on anywhere else, in the end I’d give it a 2.5/5.
Sally Hansen on the LEFT, Lovely Legs on the RIGHT







I have only seen it available online or in pharmacies, I've yet to see it in Penny’s but I’m sure it will be there soon enough. 

Have a good day Girls
Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment