Sunday 2 March 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation | Review

I recently purchased the Rimmel Stay Matte foundation, as part of the 3 for 2 offer currently running in Boots. I had seen a few online reviews and wanted to test it out. I love to use matte makeup as I hate to have any sort of shine on my face. Now when it comes to foundation I am a MAC junkie through and through for the last few years and before that I was using YSL, so it's been a good few years since I've used a drugstore makeup..

I bought it in the colour Ivory; I only tested it on my hand so I hoped it would suit my skin tone. When I first used it I had prepped my skin with just my normal moisturizer and MAC primer. The foundation is a mouse and as you can see gave a good coverage and a matte finish, I did the rest of my makeup as normal and powered my face with my Stay Matte powder which I usually use everyday normally. I wasn't expecting a whole lot as it does only cost 7.95 but it did last well throughout the day. My only major hang-up was that it didn't match the colour of the rest of my skin but only slightly.


On my second time of using the foundation I called my friend over to test it out with me, as I have combination skin and she has normal skin I wanted to get a different opinion for you guys. That day my skin seemed to be oilier than usual and I didn't use any primer so the result was a bit insane. Even though I was oilier the foundation seemed to stick to my skin in patches making it look very dry. On my friends skin it had a similar effect although when she powdered her face later she said it looked fine. I gave up a few hours later and had to take it off, I looked just too crazy!

I've used it the odd time since but I don't think I'll be buying it again, but I will use it when I don't want to use my usual makeup. It won't come as a shock to a lot of people but I'm extremely vain and hardly ever leave the house without any foundation so I would use this to go down to the shops or if I'm going to the gym (yeah i'm one of those girls). 

Pros - covers my rosy red cheeks really well                        
-Under 10 euro                                                   
Cons - didn't always suit my skin                                           
- can stick to dry patches on normal and oily skin 
- a bit too sheer and not very build-able               
- didn't match my skin                                         

1 comment :