Friday 21 March 2014

Reveiw | Tanya Burr Lip Gloss and Nails Part 1


I love watching Youtube for tutorials, hauls and to see what vloggers think of the latest products, so when I saw that one of my faves Tanya Burr had released her own range of lip glosses and nail polishes I knew I had to get them. 
For this post i'm just going to write about the nail polishes. There are 10 polishes in total and each of them have their own unique names that Tanya chose herself.

Penguin Chic - a taupe like grey
Riding Hood - such a lovely pillar box red 
Mini Marshmallows - a light baby pink
Peaches and cream - a peachy cream colour 
Midnight Sparkles - a dark sparkly purple
Bright and Early - bubble-gum pink
Be Bright, Be Happy, Be You - a little hot pink 
New York Night - a dark purple
Mischief Managed - a pinkie red
Little Duck - a pastel green

I bought my 3 on www.cloud10beauty.com, I chose Riding Hood, Midnight Sparkles and Be Bright, Be Happy, Be you. The quality of these polishes are really good, I paid €7.50 for each polish which I think is reasonable enough for what you get. 

Be Bright, Be Beautiful, Be You and Riding Hood:

When I first put these colours on my nails I was blown away firstly by the shine and secondly from the coverage. Even from just one coat there was such a high coverage.


Be Bright, Be Beautiful, Be You
The shine is just amazing and the coverage is so thick it almost looks gel like. I really love a wet look nail so this really ticked the box for me. 


Riding Hood

Midnight Sparkle

I don't think my photo does this polish any justice. In person it really is a sparkly purple, it reminds me of a supernova deep space colour. I tried to use my camera and my IPhone camera but this was the best shot I could get. There wasn't as much of a shine as the other two polishes and the sparkle disappeared a bit but i'm thinking if I put a lighter polish underneath maybe it will make it pop a bit more.
Midnight Sparkle
The varnishes promise to be chip resistant and they live up to that. I didn't put a top coat on my nails just to see how long they would last on their own and after a week there was only minimal chipping so I presume if I put a top coat on it will last for a good few days.
I love the packaging although I did have a hard time opening 2 of the polishes and had to get my dad to open them because i'm so weak.
Overall I do love them and if I see them in my local stores maybe I'll buy them, it's just a bit of effort to buy them online.

Enjoy your weekend girls and keep an eye out over the next few days for my review on Tanya's lip glosses.

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment