Tuesday 17 June 2014

Dupe Tuesday | MAC Vs Wet N Wild


Welcome back to Dupe Tuesday, if you don’t know by now every Tuesday I will bring a drugstore product that gives the exact same result as a high-end one.

This week it’s the battle of the lipsticks.
I have two favourite lip brands – MAC and Wet N Wild. I have only discovered the Wet N Wild lipsticks in the last few months as they have only arrived in Ireland since the start of the year and I have bought a good few on their Megalast lipsticks which are my favourite out of all their lipsticks.

I don’t love a high shine lip as I think they make my lips look even bigger than they already are so I tend to go for a more matte lippy which the Megalast ones are. The good thing about these is that they stay on for longer and even after it’s warn off they still leave a bit of a tint.

With the MAC lipsticks they can go from real creamy to matte so there’s a good chance I’ll find a lipstick that will be what I’m looking for.

I also love a dark lipstick, even though I’m blonde and probably should be wearing lighter pinkier colours I live for dark plums and reds.

Now when I discovered Rebel by MAC I thought that it was the most perfect colour, a deep plum and it lasted forever on the lips. I thought I had found my Holy Grail lipstick, but at €19.00 a pop those lipsticks don’t come cheap.

But why spend €19.00 when you can spend €2.99 on the Wet N Wild Megalast in Sugar Plum Fairy. It is literally the exact same colour as Rebel and stays on for just as long if not better! I had to really think about which colour was which when I had swiped them on my arm as they are so alike.
Rebel on the Left, Sugar Plum Fairy on the Right
I’ve rambled on a bit here but you just have to look at the swatches to see that these are pretty much the exact same colours.

That’s it for this week’s Dupe Tuesday tune in for next week’s where I will have a dupe of the Naked 3 palette for a 10th of the price!

Have a great sunny week.

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment