Monday 28 July 2014

Beauty Box Wars | Chic Treat Club Vs Glossybox

        VS 


If you have never heard of beauty boxes they are monthly subscriptions where you receive a surprise box of beauty goodies with usually 3-4 full size products and 1-2 samples sized products.
Back in February I signed up with Glossybox, they are a British company who ship to Ireland and cost roughly €16-€17 after the exchange rate.
In each box you get a magazine, 3 full size items and 2 samples. With Glossybox you fill in a questionnaire at the beginning and based on that they send you beauty items based on your preferences from the questionnaire. On the odd occasion you will get a special edition box with 5 full size products I think I only received one box of full size products since February and because you fill in the questionnaire not every box will be the same.


Chic Treat Club is an Irish based company operating since 2013 and cost roughly €15 a month depending on which payment option you choose. I decided in April that I wanted to spread my beauty box horizons and signed up for the 3 month option with Chic Treat Club. You don’t need to fill out any questionnaires as each monthly box you receive is the same for everyone. Just like Glossybox you will receive a magazine and 3-4 full size products and 1-2 beauty samples.


This month I stopped my subscription to Glossybox, after 6 boxes I just wasn’t happy and out of the 6 I only received one that I was blown away with. I follow a lot of people on twitter that receive Glossybox’s both from the UK and Ireland, it appeared that the boxes sent to Ireland where different to the UK boxes and that the boxes sent to UK customers got the best of what was on offer. The special American Stars and Stripes box for July was the straw that broke the camel’s back for me as each box was supposed to receive a specially made nail polish and also there was Tarte Cosmetics mascara available that I was dying to get but never came in my box, as I had received a few mascaras before I figured it would be the same. After doing some research it looked like the Tarte mascara was only given to UK customers. You were also to receive all American “All Star” products from the beauty world but I had only heard of one or two products. In my box I received:

·         Carmex lip balm
·         Impress Nails
·         Nicka K NY Eyelid Primer
·         Bellapierre Lipstick
·         Pur Face Mask


I had only heard of the lip balm and the Impress nails, mostly because I can pick them up in pretty much any Pennys store. I’m sure now that I have left Glossybox next month’s box will be amazing.
My Chic Treat Club box came last week and even before I opened it there was an amazing aroma coming from the box. When I opened it it was bursting with goodies:

·         NeoStrata Bionic Face Cream
·         Physicians Formula Blush
·         Yonka Quintessence Aromatherapy candle + samples of their Cleansing Milk and Invigorating Mist
·         I-Envy Lashes
·         Burts Bee’s Foot Cream (not in the picture because my mam stole it!!)


What I love about Chic Treat Club is that everyone gets the same products, they also champion a lot of Irish products and introduce new products that are starting to come into Ireland. I’ve received all 3 of my boxes and I’m definitely signing up again, I think this time I’ll get the 6 months. I haven’t been disappointed with any of the boxes I’ve received and looking back on the ones that I have missed out on it looks like each box is consistently good. You also know that if you want to buy anything that came in the box that it will be sold in Ireland.

If you want any more info on Chic Treat Club just click the link here J
Thanks for Reading!!
Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment