Thursday 24 July 2014

Beauty for Bloggers Meet Up with Buff Make-Up and Review

A week or so ago I went to the Westbury Hotel with Miss Bright With Delight aka Karen. We were invited to the Beauty for Bloggers meet up to look at Buff Makeup and have the chats with some other bloggers.
I had heard of Buff Makeup but never had the opportunity to try any of their products out so I was really excited to see what they had to offer.

As well as having a table full of Buff Makeup to ogle over, we had two gorgeous models for the girls to work their magic on. The first look was a black smokey eye and the second look was a bit more natural but still smokey and glam.
There were two products that really caught my eye. Firstly it was their Sheer Glo Lotion (€32) in Paradise; it’s a gorgeous bronze highlight that can be mixed into the foundation or to the tops of your cheeks to highlight your cheek bones.
My second favourite of the night was their blush in Big O (€21.50). This is the mirror image of the Nars blusher in Orgasm but with a hint more of a glow. This is definitely on my shopping list.
We also got to take home some fab goodies. In the bag I got was their HD Liquid Foundation (€30), I was pretty impressed with it at the event and couldn’t wait to get home and try it out.

The foundation comes in 6 shades and each shade should be able to match up to 3 skin tones. It can be used to get a light coverage or can be built up to get the coverage that you desire. The foundation is very long wearing and doesn’t transfer on to clothes, it also covers really well.
It says it’s for all skin types but as I am very oily and I found that it did get very greasy. I used is for the first few days with my MAC prep + prime primer which I always use with my MAC foundations, I then changed it up to the Bourjois Happy Light Matte primer and it made such a difference I only had to powder my face once the whole day which for me is a result, so top tip - if your foundation isn’t working for you then play around with your primers as it can make such a difference.
I really like this make up and it smooth’s out the skin camouflaging any imperfections and for a girl with large pores like myself, it smooth’s them out completely, you can’t even tell that I have any!  
It's on the higher price range but the quality you get makes it well worth the price.

You can purchase their makeup online here or you can pop into Hessions in Drumcondra or Clontarf to buy the products there or you can book in and they can do your makeup for you.

Love Sarah xoxo



No comments :

Post a Comment