Thursday 17 July 2014

Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation | Review


I picked up the Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation when I was looking for a good going out makeup. I was heading to my friends 21st and had gotten a spray tan that made me look like I had just walked out of the Sahara so none of my foundations matched my newly bronzed skin. I was in boots searching for the right foundation when I stopped by the Vichy stand, I remembered I had seen a Vichy ad popping up just before watching a video on YouTube showcasing the foundation so I started to swatch and one of the colours matched my skin it also appeared to give a great coverage so I decided to buy it and had enough points on my Boots card so I didn’t feel like I had to spend anything extra.


It costs €20.99 in Boots and currently is on offer for only €15.74. It’s slightly more expensive than some brands but I think it’s worth it.

Left side of my face has Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation, Right side has no product.

Not to blow my own trumpet but I like to think I have good skin, apart from the a blemish during the month and having some rosy cheeks I don’t think I need to wear too much make up and most of the makeup I have is very sheer anyway. Even though I do tend to wear sheer makeup on a daily basis I think for a night out or special occasion I do like that little bit more coverage.
Before 
After

The Vichy Dermablend Fluid Corrective Foundation can be slightly off putting at first as it can come out looking like it will be very high coverage but the more you blend it in it does get lighter looking while at the same time covering any imperfections that needs to be covered.

It covers up every imperfection and gives you such a smooth airbrushed finish that I haven’t seen in any other foundation. As it says in its blurb online it is a “camouflaging makeup and conceals minor to moderate skin imperfections” and it definitely lives up to that. It also has a high SPF of 35 which is the highest I’ve ever seen in a foundation and great especially in these hot summer months.

I did read that it can cover up tattoos so I asked my friend if she would help me to test this theory out as I don’t have any tattoos. I put in on the tattoo and as you can see in the pictures it didn’t cover it up entirely. I didn’t put any concealer underneath so maybe if I did it would have helped it to get completely covered.
My Lovely assistants Tattoo
Hasn't covered the tattoo fully, but with some concealer it might have been covered completely 
It is very long lasting and there isn’t too much transfer, although I did notice that after ringing someone on my phone the screen was left with a bit more makeup than usual.

I have oily skin and after a while it did get a bit more greasy and shiny than other foundations, also around my cheeks where I’m a bit dryer it can catch and gather in patches. That being said I still think it’s a really good makeup and when my skin is behaving it does actually work well, I think I just need to play around with different primers, I found that one of the ones I have work better than the others.
It won’t leave you with cake face and isn’t heavy like other makeups so you skin will still be able to breath so if you do have problem skin it won’t be getting clogged and made worse.

There’s a few other products in the Dermablend range that I would like to try like the concealer and powder.

It wouldn’t be my everyday foundation but for a night time or special occasion I will be wearing it, I would consider buying it again, especially as it matches my tan.

Have you tried any of the products from the Dermablend range? Let me know what you thought.

If you want any more information just click HERE

Love Sarah xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment