Tuesday 29 July 2014

Review | Lime Crime Opaque Lipstick


Here’s another goodie that I bought at IMATS London a few weeks ago.
I had my eye on Lime Crime from watching YouTube beauty videos and just became obsessed with getting my hands on their products, and because they don’t sell in Ireland I knew IMATS was the way to go. By the time I got to the stand there weren’t that many colours left but this gorgeous red caught my eye.
 
Firstly can we talk about the packaging; it’s just so pretty, sparkly, pink and Hello!! It has a UNICORN on it!! Even if I found out that I didn’t like it it’s still a lipstick I knew I’d want in my collection. Luckily though it is a good lippy!
It’s not a red that I usually would go for, I much prefer darker plumy reds but this colour in Retrofuturist just screamed to me when I saw it.
 
I’m not sure how this colour would look on darker skin but on paler skin like mine it really pops. It reminds me of that perfect classic red that you see in that old Hollywood era.
It’s also a blue toned red, which means it should make your teeth whiter which is always a plus!
 
To get a proper full red lip you need to apply two generous coats, I’ve tried it with a thin single coat just to brighten up my lips and it just made them that little bit perkier and didn’t give that in your face red but almost a subtle pinkie red. It doesn’t last for too long after eating and drinking but it does stain your lips so if it does wear off at least it doesn’t completely go.
 
I waited to get this in IMATS as I knew it would be slightly cheaper than paying for it online, I think it cost about £10.50 but you can buy it on Love Beauty for £12.50.

I’ll be showing a few more bits that I got from IMATS London over the next few weeks I’m still trying to get around testing the different products that I bought.

Happy Tuesday!!

Love Sarah xoxo

No comments :

Post a Comment