Saturday 26 July 2014

My Big Boots Haul


I was given a Boots voucher for €50 the other week and yesterday I decided to spend it. At first I didn’t think I was going to spend it all in one go but Sarah being Sarah I managed to spend €74 in total, I don’t even feel like I bought that much but I must have, but because I only really spent €24 I don't feel too bad.

In this post I’ll just be showing you what I bought and I’ll be doing a few posts from this haul over the next few weeks.

Here's what I bought: 

I bought 2 Collection Lasting Gel Colour polishes, these are €3.99 each but if you bought 2 you got them for €6.50. I got them in Raspberry 7 and Vixen Red 3. I’ve tried the Models Own gel effect nail polishes and didn’t think they were worth the money so I’m hoping these will be worth the price if not more.


 I got 2 of the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks, I’ve never bought these before but I liked the colours that were on offer. These where €7.95 each and had an offer of buy one get the second half price. I chose 260 Amethyst Shimmer and 360 As You Want Victoria. I don’t think these are new but I do think they have just redesigned the packaging, but seeing as I’ve never tried them before they’re new for me.


Boots have finally started to fit permanent Sleek Makeup stands in their stores, it used to be that you could only get them in the Liffey Valley Boots but they are now in Dundrum and Jervis Centre too. I’ve a good few products from them already so I just picked up the Matte Me Gloss in 431 Fandango Purple as I haven’t tried the matte glosses before and the colour really caught my eye. The Glosses cost €6.49 each.


I love my volumising mascaras especially ones that are super affordable so I’m dying to try this Seventeen Falsifeye HD mascara. It promises “lash by lash separation, corner to corner volume and length for HD Impact” so I’m hoping it does exactly what it says on the tin (or at least box). Because it’s only new it has an introductory offer of €5.98, after it will cost €8.89 so if it lives up to the hype you still get bang for your buck. Silly Sarah was too excited though and just grabbed the first box she saw and ended up getting it in Brown/Black so it will be interesting to see what the colour is like when I get it out if the box.


Another mascara and another piece from Collection. This is the Colour Lash – All Day Wear Colour mascara, as the name suggests it’s a coloured mascara and I bought it in blue as you do. I’m not sure where I’m going to wear it but it only cost €2.69 so I’m not too worried if I only wear it a few times.


Bourjois where doing a 3 for 2 offer plus a free pair of glasses, I bought 2 of the Rouge Edition Velvet Matte lippies (€10.49 each) and one the new Color Boost Glossy Finish Lipsticks (€10.99). I’ve already bought one of the Rouge Edition Velvet Matte Lipsticks a month or so ago and I’ve wanted to buy more since, they have recently brought out a few more colours in the range that are a bit more darker than the ones they had on offer first. I chose 7 Nude-ist and 8 Grand Cru, I do love the darker colours. The Color Boost intrigued me, it says on the lipstick “comfort & Hydration with SPF15 for 10Hrs” it also says its waterproof and that’s the seller for me, I  can’t wait to see if this is true or not. I’ve a feeling the free glasses won’t suit my face but I haven’t tried them on yet but as my dad says “if it’s free, take it”.


I went over to the Soap and Glory stand to look at the new blush sticks that they have but wasn’t impressed by them, I looked around the rest of the stand to see if anything caught my eye (of course something did, I’m a makeup magpie). I picked up the Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil (€13.00), I’ve never seen a brow pencil like this, it has a tinted pen that you’re supposed to fill and shade your brow with and the pencil you use to shape your brows, it sounds very intriguing to me and it’ll be a bit different to what I’m used too. €13.00 seems a bit much for a drugstore brow pencil so it better do the business.


Finally I bought two Barry M polishes from their Aquarium Collection. They’re two toned which I don’t think I have any polishes that are two toned and I have a lot of polishes so I needed to get one for my collection. I got one two toned polish in 417 Arabian and a glitter polish in 412 Mermaid and they both complement each other. This was another multi saver offer of buy one get the second half price and they’re €5.99 each.


Hoping something caught your eye in this post and if you see anything that catches your eye and you want me to do a post about it before another product then leave a comment below.

Thanks for reading :)

Love Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment